ғᴏᴜʀ

Chapter Four

For the rest of the holiday weekend, James and his friends filled their stomachs to the brim with sweets and anything Plemmons made them. James was overjoyed to spend Christmas with his friends, as he usually would only spend that time with just his parents. His parents had gifted him a family heirloom this year; an invisibility cloak. Fleamont and Euphemia waited to give it to him after his friends had left the Potter Manor, warning James to not use it inappropriately at school.

Sirius found himself dreading his return to 12 Grimmauld Place. He had loved every minute he spent at the Potter's, especially since all of his best friends were together for Christmas.

Sirius had returned to his home to find his room barren of its usual decor. He stepped quietly through the corridor in search of his mother, when he passed his brother Regulus' room. The dark green and silver blankets and drapes caught his eye. Sirius pushed the door of his younger brother's room open further, and recognized the frames and furniture from what was in his room before he left for Hogwarts. He skimmed his fingers over the dark wood of the dresser, looking at the pictures of his family, that he was somehow absent from. Sirius figured they were taken after he was sorted into Gryffindor.

Feeling his eyes become watery, he quickly tiptoed into his room and quietly shut his door behind him. Sirius slid to the floor as he leaned against the door, trying to smother his sobs. He buried his thin face into his hands, letting his curls fall messily as he shook with shivers.

The week after Christmas, Remus found himself especially missing Charlie, as she had recently kept him company after the full moon in the Hospital Wing. Having to experience the lycanthropy alone was normal, but he missed his friend and her willingness to cheer him up after his rough transformations.

When Peter got home to his mother, Pauline Pettigrew, it was impossible to get him to stop talking about all of the fun he had at the Potter's. He had described the house elf and the meals she had provided with such excitement that Pauline found herself writing it all down, wishing she would be able to recreate them. As Peter described the Potter Manor and the grounds, Pauline laughed as her son ran around her room, telling her everything he could remember. She was incredibly relieved that her shy boy had found such exciting friends.

As the New Year holidays passed, the students returned to Hogwarts and back to their classes. Charlie's group of friends had found a habit of exploring the castle, trying to find a spot that would be exclusive to just the five of them.

Weeks had passed, and then months had passed, allowing Charlie and Remus to form a bond over their monthly Hospital Wing visits. The weather was beginning to get warmer at Hogwarts, making Remus feel a bit more lonely as he knew the other boys would be exploring the grounds without him and Charlie.

Almost as if she had sensed his feelings, Charlie sat on the edge of his bed and offered him sweets that Madam Pomfrey had given her.

"Eat. You'll feel better, if you do."

Remus spotted a piece of chocolate and took it from her. Charlie smiled. "I'm growing a bit tired of chocolate after eating it so much. I guess I'll just give it to you, now then."

Remus shrugged and stuck the square into his mouth, instantly grinning. "Yeah, I'd like that."