Chapter 1: FFXIII-2

• इन्हें समर्पित: EYDEL_

Based on the final scene of Final Fantasy XIII-2.  

In the beginning, fate had been cruel to her.

She had won; Tendou Maya had won, Yanagi Koharu was defeated, at least for now. The only thing that occupied the woman's mind: find the seeress Mahiru and get her Claudine back.

Odette glowed as she summoned her, and like an old friend, the majestic horse nuzzled Maya. She patted the side of her neck. She murmured in the horse's ear, "I need your help," Odette stared right into her soul as if understanding her desire letting Maya mount her.

Long ago she had failed to keep her promise, and now all the brunette ever wanted to do was right the wrong she had done to Claudine.

Off into the distance, the silhouette of Tsuyuzaki Mahiru stands in a tumbledown courtyard. Standing across the seeress, whom Maya had come across multiple times fighting Koharu, she points her gunblade at Mahiru.

"Let her go!"

"By what right do you demand her release?" her voice echoes in the empty air, devoid of any emotion. Black tendrils begin to form and slither around Odette's legs, forming a black hole beneath the horse, sucking her down like time sand. Maya couldn't move, frozen into place. "Saijou Claudine's death is your doing." Maya reached up, desperately trying to grasp the light, screaming as the darkness overtook her, like a cold embrace greedy to feast upon new flesh.

Again and again, the seeress' words echoed in her head, like an endless loop of condemnation: 'Saijou Claudine's death is your doing. At your selfish bidding, she began her journey...and it was at that moment her life was lost. If there is anyone to be blamed, it was you, Tendou Maya.'

'All because she trusted you...and her own selfish desire to be with you.'

"Ma Claudine. Je suis desole," crying openly over her lover's lifeless form as she clutched it against her. "Claudine..."

"Merde, Maya. You had nothing to apologize for." Maya gasped, looking up to see Claudine's ethereal form sitting on Etro's throne. "What I did is my own decision. No matter what kind of future awaits us, know that I have no regrets. No matter what end I have witnessed, it won't change my mind." Seeing her, alive, nearly took every breath she had her, even though Claudine is semi-translucent.

It took Maya seconds to contemplate Claudine's word, her eyes widened in realization.

"You...you knew." The sad smile on Claudine's face is enough for Maya to confirm what she discovers in a span of seconds. "You knew what would happen. What fate befalls you. Why?"

Claudine's body begins to fade, Maya panics as she reaches out for her, trying to hold onto whatever is left of her lover.

"What kind of question is that, you infuriating woman? I wanted to see you, to be with you again. Did you think I would forget our promise, Ma Maya? Have a bit of faith in me."

"C-Claudine..."

The ash-blonde looks up to the dark sky. "I did not regret it. Meeting everyone else and watching as you finally reached our friends to save me years ago...I believe in your strength to keep the future of this world safe." Her voice is sad like she would tell the distraught woman in front of her something they both knew would break the brunette's heart. "So it's okay. I don't mind if I'm gone..." The same black tendrils that swallow Maya appears itself from Claudine, swirling around her.

"Claudine!"

"Tendou Maya, I will say this again. I have no regrets. I started this journey to see you again. Even as the mark of Etro slowly claims my life with each vision of the future I witness."

The world around them slowly fades away, Maya finding herself no longer holding Claudine's body, floating in some sort of limbo. Claudine's ethereal form is talking to her, but her lips aren't moving; she is talking to her heart.

"Never forget me, Ma Maya."

Maya sucked in a breath, voice quivering. "H-How could I? You were my whole world. The other piece of my soul. I love you. Always did and it will never change."

She hated this. Maya hated this. No longer will she wake up to those crimson orbs that always gaze at her lovingly. No longer will she see how she manages to bring a blush to the ash-blonde's cheeks with her French whispers of love. No more tender mornings together.

Claudine holds Maya tighter.

"When you disappear, everyone suddenly forgets about you, as if you didn't exist. But I knew, in my heart, I knew you were alive somewhere. I never gave up hope that I'd find you. And now...here we are."

Maya chuckles, trying to ignore the feeling of her throat constricting.

"Didn't I tell you nothing could take you away from me? I will never let you go, ma cherie, not ever."

Claudine starts to pull away from her, tear brimming in her eyes. "Always keep me in your thoughts. Remember me, Maya and know that we will see each other again."

"Claudine," Maya begins to cry uncontrollably now, as reached up and touch her lover's face. "Don't...don't leave me. Please. My heart won't be able to handle it."

"Crybaby as ever. I know you're strong, Tendou Maya. You have proven that. No matter what happens to me...even if I vanish from this world. Promise me, Maya. That you will remember me."

A single tear slips down her cheek, her crimson eyes pleading up at Maya. "I...I promise. Saijou Claudine I...I'll never forget you."

Claudine pulls away from Maya, as darkness overtook the brunette once again. Before she loses her consciousness, the last thing she sees is Claudine's smile.

Waking up, Maya finds herself at the base of the throne, memories of Claudine already slipping away. She will not forget Claudine. She had promised her.

And she intents to keep that promise.

There is one way she knew would work to keep what's left of her remaining memories preserved: crystal stasis. Memories of her friends were brief moments she managed to remember. She will preserve what's left of her memories, keeping them all alive in her heart.

'If these precious memories of hers can be the light that guides Claudine's soul back to her...so be it. She has nothing else to lose, nothing left to wish for.

Five hundred years later, Tendou Maya will be awakened by God Almighty, Kirin. With promises of returning Claudine to her. It would mark the end of her endless journey of sorrow and death...where she would need the help of her friends once again to aid her mission.

That is a story for another time. For now, the warrior earns her rest.

.

.

Note: I do not own Revue Starlight or Final Fantasy franchise.

Random Universeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें