Chapter 1 - Tragic

Start from the beginning

We arrive at school with 15 minutes to spare. Bryce's driving seems to get faster by the day. We make our way to our usual hang out spot, my locker. Standing ready to greet the king of liberty high are fellow members of what everyone else likes to call, the populars. Zach Dempsey, Marcus Cole and Sheri Holland. Bryce and Justin greet the boys with their usual macho fist bumps or "bro hugs". I greet Sheri with a warm hug and a compliment on how she has done her hair. The boys talk about their usual boring subjects while Sheri and I stand there looking around disinterested. Two girls catch my attention, they're taking selfies in front of Hannah Baker's locker. #neverforget i hear one of the airheads say, rolling my eyes I turn and collect my books from my locker.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

"Mom, why the hell do we have to greet every new neighbour? They're not even next door to us!" Dixie groaned to Moon.

"Don't be inconsiderate Dixie. We greet every new family on the street" Moon reiterated while flicking her pastel blue and purple hair over her small shoulders.

Moon, Dixie and Roman Miller made their way over the street to greet the new family that had been moved in a day. The family found out that the bakers had moved to evergreen for a fresh start. All seemed to be going well until Olivia Baker mentioned that her husband and herself run a pharmacy. Moon Miller hated anything non herbal. She launched into a rant about how the government was trying to poison everyone. Dixie noticed a pretty girl her age with brown hair lurking at the bottom of the stairs, sick of her mother's ranting she ran over to introduce herself. Hannah thought this would be the start of a good friendship but boy was poor Hannah baker wrong.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

JUST AS I was shoving the books into my backpack, I see Justin charge up to Clay Jensen. I watch the interaction, knowing its about those damn tapes, until I think that Clay needs saving from a sleep deprived Foley.

"You think you two had a thing, don't you? Something special" Justin asks the confused boy

"Okay J, that's enough. Let the poor kid make his first period on time" I remark half dragging Justin away from the Jensen boy.

The second bell rings as I see Mr porter make his way towards our group. He scatters us to where we should've been at least 5 minutes ago. Making my late entrance into class, i take my seat next to Zach at the very back of the classroom. Half listening to the class and half falling asleep, I soon cheer up as I see my boyfriend stroll in half an hour late with not a care in the world. He throws me a wink and a smirk much to the annoyance of Mrs Colesmith who doesn't appreciate the late appearance of Mr De La Cruz. Later, the bell rings signalling the end of awful math class. Even Zach couldn't make math fun. Monty waits for me outside of the doors, ready to walk me to cheer practice which was being held in the school gym.