Chapter 14: Triwizard Tournament

Start from the beginning

"I don't know. I guess I kind of wish Harry would look at me like that," I whisper and she nods in understanding. "Well, have you told him how you felt?"

"No. And after what I just saw I don't think I'm going to. No use embarrassing myself and ruining one of the first friendship I made in a long time."

"Well, did you think that might be the problem? He's not acting on his feelings for you because your not showing yours. Or maybe he hasn't figured out how he feels about you yet? I don't think it's wise not tell him how you feel, Holly." I'm about to respond when suddenly all the students start going to one side of the bridge and looking up into the sky.

I follow where they look and see a bunch of Pegasus pulling one large carriage. We see Hagrid dive out of the way as they come in too low. "Well, there's something you don't see everyday," Fred says and George laughs. We enter through the doors to the Entrance Hall when suddenly a large, red, water filled balloon drops from out of the ceiling onto Ron's head, and explodes.

Drenched and spluttering, Ron staggers sideways into Harry, just as a second water bomb drops narrowly missing Hermione and I. It bursts at Harry's feet, sending a wave of cold water over his trainers into his socks. People all around us shriek and start pushing each other in their efforts to get out of the line of fire.

We look up, and see, floating twenty feet above us, Peeves the poltergeist, a little man in a bell covered hat and orange bowtie, his wide, malicious face contorted with concentration as he took aim again.

I gasp when he throws it at me and I try to dodge only to slip on the wet floor, get hit, and fall at the same time. I scream in pain as I land on my bad ribs. I'm also now soaking wet and shivering. "Holly!" My friends all say in concern kneeling down beside me.

"PEEVES!" Yells an angry voice. "Peeves come down here at ONCE!" Hermione helps me sit up and I clutch my upper torso and cry silently as it throbs in pain. Professor McGonagall, Deputy headmistress and head of Gryffindor house, comes dashing out of the Great Hall; she skids on the wet floor and grabs Neville around the neck to stop herself from falling.

"Ouch — sorry, Mr. Longbottom —"

"That's alright, Professor!" He gasps, massaging his throat. "Peeves, get down here NOW!" barks Professor McGonagall, straightening her pointed hat and glaring upwards through her spectacles. "Not doing nothing!" cackles Peeves lobbing a water bomb at several fifth year girls, who scream and dive into the Great Hall.

"Already wet, aren't they? Little squirts! Wheeeee!" And he aimed another bomb at a group of second years. "You've severely hurt a student now get down here or I shall call the headmaster!" shouts Professor McGonagall. "I'm warning you, Peeves—" Hermione rubs my back as I wipe away my tears, trying to breathe through the pain.

Peeves sticks out his tongue, throws the last of his water bombs into the air, and zooms off up the marble staircase, cackling insanely. Professor McGonagall ushers the other students to go inside before coming over to me, nearly slipping twice. "Are you alright, Miss Lupin?"

"Yeah," I lie and try to stand up, Hermione and Harry help me. I lean against Hermione and ignore the painful throbbing in my ribs. I groan and bite my lip waiting for it to pass. "She was trampled a few days ago. Three bruised ribs," Hermione explains and I hear Ron grunt angrily as he pushes his sopping wet hair out of his face. "If I see him again he's going to wish he'd stayed dead." 

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" I nod and she ushers us into the Great Hall. We change into our robes and sit at our tables. I caught Harry looking over at the Ravenclaw house during the sorting and that feeling returned. "Ow!" Harry suddenly yells and glares at Hermione who looks at him innocently.