Run

"Are you leaving?"

Go-eun croaked, standing by Hae-In who was busy tightening the buckles of his thick tattered boots. Hae-In sighed silently, tugging the black laces into his boots tightly he walked to the front door of his shop with heavy steps.

He didn't turn back to look Go-eun in the eye but nevertheless answered his friend's question with an incredibly heavy heart.

"Back to the witch, only she could help us" he mouthed. Not wanting to talk anymore, Hae-In walked out of the door without turning back.

He had no driven desire to step into those daunting woods. He swore not to ever enter the forest again or see the witch again, but there he was stepping on the dry crackling leaves left to rot on the ground. He was left with no choice, he had to save his bride.

Hae-In was aware that getting a favor from the menacing witch was not going to be an easy feat, but he was going to have to try his best. He needed to save the life he created and if he had to trade his soul in order to save her, he wasn't going to hesitate.

Go-eun saw the vanishing figure of her partner as the welcome bell on the door jingled for a few lingering seconds; echoing in the hollow shop before it eventually stopped.

She finally gave way for her tears and wearily took a sit on the wooden chair at the side of the counter. The loose empty powerless black ring on her index finger was supposed to be the wish her friend toiled hard for. But all had just gone with a single swipe of an influential card.

"I'm sorry Hae-In"

With that small note, Go-eun closed her swollen tear brimmed eyes and fell asleep giving way for the crippling exhaustion riding up her body. Her right hand lifelessly slide to the side of the chair and that very second-

It happened...

The other side of the boon the witch failed to tell Hae-In about.

A single streak of thick black liquid flowed down her long index finger, slightly scalding her in the process. Thick inconsistent textured liquid dripped to the wooden floor and created soft 'thud' sounds upon its collision with the wooden flooring. - But silent enough to not wake Go-eun up.

***

Sitting on the bed with her bright eyes wide awake, YeJin looked up at the half-naked guy who was staring right back at her with equally large eyes.
He had just witnessed the crucial moment the girl had pulled the collar of her red trench coat and looked down at herself, taking a peep of her own body.

"Your body looks different from mine but it's still very beautiful" she deduced after comparing her body with what her eyes were witnessing.

"Do you mind?!" Hyun Bin questioned feeling shy and embarrassed as he flabbergasted-ly reached for another towel to cover or at least try covering his upper body. He had still not grown used to the idea of sharing his room with a beautiful being.

"Je ne me dérange pas~" she easily shook her head, failing to understand what he really meant.

Hyun Bin froze for second before chuckling at her totally irrelevant answer. How cute, she was absolutely adorable- Bin thought to himself failing to conceal the growing smile on his face.

"Of course you wouldn't mind. Why would anyone mind seeing me half naked?" he murmured to himself before taking a long look at YeJin who was still perched on his white bed.

He smoothly drawled his eyes up her slender body. She was perfect, from the tip of her toenail to the base of her hairline - everything about her screamed perfection.