"Uh, all three of us." He wriggled his eyebrows and looked toward Klara. "Don't forget innocent little Goldie-Locks over there. Lookin' like butter wouldn't melt. She knew from the start."

"I knew from the start because you have a big mouth." Klara gave Damon another snide grin which caused him to throw a hand towel at her. 

Stefan accepted the phone call from Klaus and lifted his cellphone up to his ear with a sigh. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Well, I can't imagine why what with you ruining all my plans for a Hybrid-filled future." 

"Well, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy." Stefan retorted in a stern voice and earned a nod of approval from both vampires.

"Well, life's full of if's, Stefan. Let's extenuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five. We'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?" Klaus spoke in an alarmingly calm voice despite the fact that their map to the cure was gone.

Stefan furrowed his brows. "You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?"

"Not you, if that's what you're worried about," Klaus said as Damon and Klara exchanged looked while they listened. "But I am concerned about Elena. Have the hallucinations started yet?"

Stefan's head whipped in Damon's direction. Elena said she hallucinated Connor when she stabbed Jeremy. "What do you know about that?"

"I'll tell you. Where are you?"

"I'm at her house."

"How convenient. So am I." Klaus ended the call and immediately started knocking on Elena's door once Stefan removed his cellphone from his ear. He headed straight outside of the house without a second thought. 

"I'll, uh, I'll go and check on Elena." Klara flapped her arms about in a flustered manner before she walked up the staircase to check on her friend. She wandered into Elena's room and noticed the doppelganger fearfully backed against her dresser. "Elena? What's wrong?"

"No!" The Gilbert vampire yelled out viciously with her hands out in front of her protectively. "Stay—stay away."

"What? What're you talking about?" Klara furrowed her brows and edged forwards slowly. "Elena, it's me. Elena, it's Klara."

"I said stay back!" Elena's vampire face became visible as she screamed in Klara's direction. She hissed toward the blonde while she looked between Klara and an empty space. "I wasn't myself when I killed you, okay?!" 

"Connor..." Klara trailed off once she realized exactly what was happening. "Elena, what your seeing isn't real, okay? You're hallucinating. Just—just focus."

"No! I can't, Klara's my friend." The doppelganger shouted toward the empty space, where Klara assumed Elena was seeing the hunter. Eventually, her eyes slowly trailed back to Klara. "I—I..." 

Klara attempted to speed forwards to snap Elena's neck, but it was almost like Elena's sensed what Klara was about to do and beat her to it. In one fell swoop, Elena snapped Klara's neck and let her body drop to her feet.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

Apparently Klaus had managed to snatch Elena shortly after she snapped Klara's neck. The vampires had called Bonnie over and explained the situation, Klaus wanted to lock Elena up and keep her safe until the hallucinations stopped plaguing her. 

"You lost her?!" Bonnie asked with wide eyes and a dubious look on her face as she stared at Stefan, Damon, and Klara.

"Well, I'm not technically involved in the misplacement of Elena Gilbert considering she snapped my neck and I was out cold." Klara gave a bitter smile toward the group as she gently rubbed the back of her neck.