Realization

Ashlyn's POV

"Jack..." i breathed as i touched my lips, the kiss stil lingering on it. Johnson's eyes widened and he raced out the door. I sat there in my bed, frozen, still trying to figure out what just happened. I told Jack Johnsoon that I've had a crush on him for 5 years. Then he kisses me? I guess it's a huge, big tim fairy tale ending, but he was supposed to stay. So that makes it cold, hard, reality. I look down at my phone and realize, i can text him. I open my phone and shoot him a text:

To: Johnson <3

Hey..um where did you go? I think we need to talk about this!!

I press send right as the door bursts open. My head snaps to see who it is. "Ashlyn! Thank God you're okay!" Gilinsk says as he runs over to me and squeezes me. I squeeze him back and smile. We release and he looks around. "Where's Johnson?" He looked back at me. I need to tell him... he'll find out sooner or later... I clear my throat and look up at him. "Okay, Gilinsky, you have to promise me that you won't freak out. Okay?" He looked at me with concern dripping from his face. "Okay? Just tell me. Where's Johnson?" I lowered my head and mubmled, but said it loud and clear enough where he could hear me. "He and i kissed...Then he ran out of the room...maybe even out of the hospital." I looked back up at him and his eyes were wide open and his jaw was striving to get to the ground. "What? Wait... he kissed... you two..." He looked at me confused. I explained to him that he was playing a joke on me and how it went the wrong way and then he kissed me and ran out of the room. By the time i finished explaining, Gilinsky had calmed down and he could actually proccess things. "Well this is good ins't it?" he asked, bringing up my crush on Johnson. I shook my head. "No! He's dating Kaelyn! MY BEST FRIEND! And i'm pretty sure that Cameron will want a serious relationship, and i'm starting to get feelings for him, yet i'm in love with Jack Johnson and-" I rambled on until Gilinsky let out a gasp. "Y-you...you're in love with Johnson?" he said with his mouth gaping and his eyes the size of saucers. I covered my mouth and was about to talk, when my phone buzzed.

From: Dallas

Hey Ash! I heard you're awake. i'm on my way over right now!

I looked up at Gilinsky. "Cameron is on his way over..." I shook my head. "I need to stop stressing about this... The kiss meant nothing." Gilinsky sat on my bed next to me and shook his head. "It meant something to you, didn't it?" I sighed. "I won't say." He sighed. I looked over at him and hugged him. "Johnson said you were practically sobbing earlier. Why? It wasn't like i was going to die." We released and he sighed.
"Okay. I wasn't supposed to tell you this story, but I have to now: When you were younger, you had a major back injury. You were running around the house and climbing on things. You were the house's monkey. Well, you were climbing on the TV set, and the TV came crashing down. You landed on your face and the TV landed on your spine. When mom and dad got home from picking me up at my friend's, they found you like that. Why they both went to pick me up, i don't know..." His voice was cracking. He took in a deep breath and continued. "We rushed you to the hospital and they took you into the ER. We waited for hours and hours. Finally, the Doctor came out and said it wasn't looking good for you. Your spine was majorly damaged and you could've died. But it was a miracle that you came out of that hospital perfectly fine." When he finished the story he looked up at me. Tears were running down his face. "You landed on your back when you fell off that ladder and i thought it would trigger your previous injury and kill you..." I looked at him, in too much shock. "Does... Does Johnson know the story?" He nodded. "I told him earlier. He was a lot more calm then i was, but i could tell he was freaking out." We sighed. Then Cameron busted through the door. "Ashlyn! You're okay!" He said as he gave me a bear hug. "My gosh I didn't know what was going to happen!" I smiled at him. "Well i broke my leg and my arm, but it's not biggy. I can get Gilinsky to push me in my wheel chair over there." I pointed to it. Gilinsky and Cameron helped me into it and we were strolling around the halls. "So where did Jack J go?" Cameron asked with a tone of annoyance in his voice. "I don't know... I'll text him." Gilinsky said and shot him a text. A few minuets later, his phone had a message from Johnson. "Hey, it's Johnson. And it says:"

From: Johnson
I DARE YOU TO TRY AND FIND ME. JACK IS ALREADY DEAD SO DON'T BOTHER.

___________________________
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN
heyyy geeks!
Yay! Another daily update! I was thinking about changing the name of this book... And also...
THIS BOOK IS ALMOST OVER.
BUT.
I will write a sequel okay? So don't worry :) okay
Bye geeks!
~Ash