Summer at Poseidon Point

Start from the beginning

Poseidon called for a secret meeting in the cave beneath the cliff. Hermes spread the news and soon the gods and goddesses were entering the hidden council room. The room contained a long, rectangle stone table with twelve chairs surrounding it.

Poseidon and his brother Hades took a seat at either end of the table. Persephone was on her husband's left side with Nyx on his right. Artemis and Apollo were seated beside Persephone with Hermes. To Poseidon's left was Hestia, Aphrodite, her son Eros, and Hephaestus. This was what remained of the Council for Poseidon Point. Many others chose to reside in other locations on Earth including Zeus, whose pride kept him from living in a place named after his brother.

"Should we begin, Brother? I do have responsibilities to tend to." Hades stated, leaning back in his chair.

"Of course, brother. We have called this island home for many centuries. Many of us have even grown close to the mortals who live here, but the mortals from the outside world are destroying themselves. I propose we protect Poseidon Point from any and all outside forces. The pollution and disease of the neighboring country are beginning to infect our people. Our mortals.  I propose a barrier to protect the island. Artemis and Apollo, you two could spearhead that endeavor as well as make sure the island still gets adequate sunlight and moonlight." Poseidon declared.

"Yes, Poseidon." The twins answered together.

The Council went over a few more issues before departing and going back to their daily lives. Poseidon was determined to lift the spirits of the mortals around them and devised a plan to achieve his goal. The twins worked hard to provide a barrier, concealing the island while allowing the ecosystem to thrive.

The mortals of Poseidon Point noticed that their world was thriving as they got news of the chaos that was tearing apart the outside world. They knew they didn't have to worry about it spreading into their world as they never experienced any diseases or disasters. They knew someone was watching over them but they had no idea of who or how powerful they were. They were clueless as to how important they were to the Olympian gods and goddesses.

The barrier withstood the fires and the pandemic that had hit so hard. They were peaceful people that knew no hate for someone different but as the fires started to eat at the barrier they started to know how the rest of the world lived.

 They were peaceful people that knew no hate for someone different but as the fires started to eat at the barrier they started to know how the rest of the world lived

"Madam," a little boy tugged at her shirt, "does that mean that the people learned to hate one another for looking and doing things differently than each other?"

"No my little love, they got to see how hatred destroyed everything precious. It dimmed the lights. It made them more thankful and they started to leave offerings to the ones that favored them."

"Offerings, ma'am? Like toys and stuff?" The little boy inquired.

"The children left toys when they saw their parents leave gifts." The mayor confirmed, "The adults left grains, flowers, meat, and wine."