Chapter 30

Jamal's POV

I fell back first to my bed as an exhausted sigh left my lips. My parents and I just got back from the Damijes and things have been feeling awkward ever since. Skye tried to speak to me again and I ignored her, still pissed with her. Mum monotonously instructed me to go and freshen up. I knew what was to come after.

Family Meeting.

I began to reminisce on everything that went down early this morning at Elyon's home and I couldn't help but grimace deeply at the not so amazing turn of events. Everything didn't go as well as I had hoped.

Flash back.

Elyon and I sat down miles from each other, literally. With her dad looking at me like a stole a million dollar from him and her mum pacing the length and breath of the room, I wouldn't dare to sit beside Elyon except I wanted a death and I wasn't quite ready to die.

At the moment, we were waiting for my parents to arrive. The little devil that had ratted us out was not in sight as well. Trust Venus to have her beauty sleep when her mission is complete. Though she's cute, she is a demon!

We are in so much trouble.

"Mummy, can you stop pacing? You are making me dizzy." Elyon said calmly but the look Aunt Lyla flashed her made her shut up.

"Ti mo ba fo e leti!" She threatened and the room went back to it's awkwardly silent state. I resolved to staring at my hand because if I look up, Uncle Kelvin stare would probably bury me six feet under.

"Wait." I was forced to look up when I heard his voice. Elyon looked up as well and Aunt Lyla stopped pacing. Uncle Kelvin was staring at me, scrutinizing me. I swear, I almost peed in my pajama knickers.

Almost

"Is that my shirt?!" He asked and I swallowed quite audibly, looking at Elyon who had given me the shirt early this morning.

"S-sir?" I stuttered out and Elyon sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Daddy, it's my shirt." She had a smirk on her lips and Uncle Kelvin had his attention on her now.

Thank Goodness

"A shirt that mysteriously went missing two years ago, in Abuja." He replied her,  hands akimbo and she shrugged, smiling.

"Daddy, you should have figured out by now that I'm the one that took it...and about ten others." She replied and I almost wanted to smile, if not for the matter at hand.

"Iwo omo yi! You are the one has been taking my shirts. I sha used to wonder how they started to disappear." Uncle Kelvin stated thoughtfully.

"Can we stop talking about your shirts for now, honey." Aunt Lyla interrupted and we all turned to look at her. "Let's focus on the matter at hand. I still don't understand what is going on!" She said in frustration. I exhaled.

"Aunt Lyla, it's my fault not Elyon's. I was the one who sneaked up on her." I stated, trying not to put Elyon in more trouble than she was already in.

"Jamal, don't try defending me. I let you in myself." Elyon said but I shook my head in disagreement but before I could speak, Uncle Kelvin beat me to it.

"How exactly did you even get into this house without us knowing? Not that we have a problem with letting you in Ini, you are basically family. What I don't understand is why you didn't let us know you were coming to stay, especially at that time of the day." He stated and I sighed, understanding his fear and worry.