Surprise

Another week passed and the Earl had made Allen practice more and more with his power. He made women,men,children, old and young as the Earl dictated. He still couldn't do it without touching the person but this Earl continued telling him he would get the hang of it eventually.

Allen let out a long sigh.

He didn't want to admit that he was actually growing used to his power and its effects. Somehow killing these people didn't seem as hard emotionally as it had been but he still felt deep inside that it was wrong.

This wasn't what Mana wanted.

Outside the window the window the sun was beginning to set casting the Shadows of the pine trees outside across the ballroom floor. At this time of the day Allen would usually be left alone until the morning when the Earl came to practice with him and just talk and relax but tonight things were again changing.

The door opened across the room and the Earl stepped inside.

Blinking Allen stood up and cocked his head to the right in confusion." Is there something wrong Earl-sama?" Inwardly Allen wished he had the strength in him to be rude like Rabi could but it just wasn't in his nature.

The Earl gave him his infernal grin and said " Tonight you will be introduced to the family Allen -kun. No more hiding in here." He chuckled.

Allen's stomach flipped and he shuddered. He tended to be the shy type and he hated introductions.

"Now come" the Earl commanded holding out his hand for Allen to take.

With a sigh Allen took the white gloved hand and followed him outside the ballroom.

It was his first time outside and Allen made sure to get a good look at his surroundings which were much like the ballroom with its tapestries and odd paintings. The walls were still made of stone like a castle and there were candles burning in delicate iron sconces on the walls.

They stopped at a tall oak door. The Earl smiled at him before at last opening the door and entering inside.

Tyki POV

I slipped into my chair beside Skin and readied myself for dinner. Personally I really hated these stupid affairs but the Earl liked them so that meant everyone had to suffer through them...well, except for Road and Jasdebi, who loved the Earl and adored every minute they could spend with him.

I watched Road giggled across from me at something Jasdebi said and raised an eyebrow when she look at me then she broke into hysterics.

"Ne,ne Tykki-pon let's play a game later okay?"she grinned glancing at me slyly. Obviously she and Jasdebi were planning to sucker me into something.

I scowled and was about to reply when the door opened and everyone stood as usual for the Earl.

It was immediately apparent, however, that this dinner would be unlike any other. I felt myself freeze when I saw the innocent, naive face of Allen Walker standing beside the Earl.

But what really chilled my insides was that he had dark skin and black crosses proceeding across his forehead.

"Everyone" he began," I would like to introduce someone to you." He motioned towards Allen and said"This is Allen Walker. Treat him nicely okay" he stressed the nicely part, his eyes flashing with killing intent to anyone who tried to disobey.

All around the table the Noah nodded.

I glanced at Road as we all sat down and saw that she was absolutely ecstatic. She looked so if Christmas and her birthday had suddenly come at the same time.

The chair next to me was pulled out and Allen sat there looking very uncomfortable. It was obvious he was shy, I sighed.

"Don't be nervous" I murmured to him.

He glanced up at me and attempted a small smile. My heart felt as if it were swelling all of a sudden. I blinked and looked away.

The rest of dinner was uneventful as no one spoke as usual. Before long, however, it came to a close and everyone stood up as the Earl left.

Immediately Road leaped over the table once he was gone and latched onto Allen with a huge grin.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"she giggled insanely.

Allen just gave her a weak grin." Haha yeah...me neither."

"Oh come on Rhode, don't be so rude" Tyki reprimanded as he lifted Rhode off of Allen. She pouted at him.

"You're so mean Tyki" she complained.

The other Noah just rolled their eyes.

"Um..." Allen mumbled.

Tyki and Rhode stopped bickering as everyone turned to look at him. He shifted uncomfortably.

He blushed." I-I just thought that I should apologize." Allen groaned inwardly. He had no idea why he was saying this." For all of the times I hurt you guys."

The Noah were shocked. They looked at each other lost for words at their once most hated enemy's sudden apology. Rhode finally spoke up.

"It wasn't your fault" she giggled." How were you supposed to know things would turn out this way? Besides Exorcists have really doing so it's not surprising if you hated us." The other murmured in agreement.

Allen looked surprised but he smiled. For some reason he felt more at peace here than he had ever been anywhere else. Not even with Linali and the others had he been truly comfortable. The Noah family was just that -family. Perhaps...No-Allen mentally shooks his head shooing the dangerous thoughts away -couldn't think like that. No matter whether he was a Noah or not he would always be an exorcist deep down and sooner or later he would make his escape.

End of Chapter 2

Please review I like to have a least 20 or 30 reviews before I post the next chapter.

Oh and bye bye bye for now!!!!!!!!!