Present

(This is when Tanjiro meets Zenitsu)

Tanjiro's P.O.V

Seeing a blonde haired boy begging a girl to marry her and holding her so she can't walk away is so rude.

Time skip (After the whole fight and introductions)

Zenitsu and I were just walking in the forest until Zenitsu stopped. I stop too and turn around to look at him. "What's wrong Zenitsu?" I asked. Then all the sudden he ran off. "Hey! Zenitsu where are you going?! I yelled as I ran after him. Where is he going?! He's running so fast I can barely keep up. 'It must be something really important if he's going this fast' I thought. Then he stopped dead in his tracks. I stopped as well and walked up next to him." Zenitsu why did you run off?" I asked until I saw his face. He was looking at something. I turn to see what Zenitsu is seeing but I don't see anything, but when I look down there is a pile of burnt sticks as if it were a fire someone built. "I heard someone here but they're gone already" Zenitsu spoke. I looked at him with confusion. "Are you looking for someone Zenitsu?" I asked. He nodded I look back at the burnt sticks and kneel down. I touch one of the sticks and it's still hot. I drop it and pull my fingers away. "Ouch, Zenitsu whoever was here just left so they can't be too far" I said patting his shoulder. "Does this mean you'll help me find him?!" Zenitsu shouted grabbing my sleeve. 'Him?' I thought as I nodded. He thanked me and we continued to walk.  "Earlier you said 'him' so who is he to you?" I asked. "Oh right! I should probably explain, well you see he's a great friend of mine, and his name is Y/n"

(Flashback~)

Zenitsu's P.O.V

I was standing behind a tree watching some kids play tag with each other. Since I'm too paranoid to go talk to them I just watch them from afar. That's until I heard a voice. "Hey!" I heard next to me. I screamed and crouched down covering my ears. My whole body was shivering and I'm too afraid to look up. "What are you doing over here?" the boy I assume asked. I just screamed again and backed up into a wall. I screamed and started crying since I couldn't go anywhere. "Hey hey I'm not gonna hurt you, so please stop crying" I stop screaming and look at him. His e/c eyes were shiney, his h/c hair gently swayed with the wind, and his s/c skin sparkled in the sunlight. "Hi! My name is Y/n, what's your name?" he asked quitely but then the bullies interrupted me. "Hey Y/n why are you hanging out with that lower?!" he shouted. Y/n turned around with a glare plastered on his face. "He's better to hang out with than you!" Y/n shouted full of pride. I sat there in shock, no one has ever stood up to me, like ever! The bullies ran off to go play somewhere else while Y/n turned to face me. "Sorry you had to see me do that but don't worry! You and I can play together peacefully now" he said reaching a hand out to me. I hesitantly grabbed it and he pulled me up onto my feet. I hugged him and cried whispering "Thank you" he hugged back as I could hear the smile in his voice. "No problem, Friend"

(~End of Flashback)

~Night time~

Y/n's P.O.V

Damn it! That demon got me pretty good. I need to do something and quick! The demon hissed and growled as I tried to regain my strength. I can't see the fucking thing! I have to have my eyes closed or else it'll turn me into nothing but ashes and I can't have that happen. What do I do, what do I do?! Then it hit me, I have to use my other senses that I have been gifted with to survive this. Especially since I'm going up against one of the 12 Kizuki. It's the higher 8 demon of the 12 Kizuki, pretty hard to beat but I can manage. I stood still as I listened to the running footsteps coming toward me recklessly, it's too pissed off to focus on dodging my attack. I smelled the air to sense when the time is right for me to strike. Not yet..............Ready..................Now!! I swung my sword and sliced the demons head clean off. It rolled behind me as the body just fell forward flat on the ground. 'Rest in peace' I thought as I prayed for this poor soul to be set free from the living hell he was put through. "Mom?" I heard the demon cry. I turn around and see the tears fall from his eyes as he cried tears of joy. I smiled knowing he will now be at peace. As soon as I moved my body to leave I felt my back sting and hurt like a mother F#cker, and I fell flat on my face. I can barely move but I have to get up. That's when I heard crying in the distance. My head shot up as I moved with all my might not caring about the pain in my back. I got up and ran toward where I had left l/bn so that he wouldn't get hurt. I ran and ran ignoring the harsh pain and blood dripping from the claw mark on my back, until finally I reached the basket. I crouch down carefully and open the lid. My now 4 year old little brother jumped up on me as I hugged him trying to calm his cries. "Shh it's ok l/bn I'm alright and the monsters gone, ok?" I said trying to hold back the pain in my voice to reassure him that I'm fine. I held him with one arm as I picked up the basket with the other. I place the straps on my shoulders even though it hurts a lot. I place l/bn in my scarf like hammock for him so that he won't see the wound and start crying again.

(~Look back at top~)

(Imagine pick above but with it tied around your neck and right shoulder)

I held my arm underneath his small body so that if the tie came undone,  even tho it probably won't, I'll be ready to catch him.

(Hey guys Author here I just want to say that I'm sorry for updating really late but I'm having a hard time with life right now and am really stressed about certain stuff but I will try to keep you updated on other stuff so keep smiling and have fun!! Even though we basically can't do anything but still!)