𝐈𝐈. Mystic falls

Start from the beginning

After much debate she decided on going in, her sister really did sound worried otherwise she wouldn't have called her but Harlow wasn't going to face the wrath of good girl Elena alone so she called her brother.

A few seconds of the dialling background sound before the phone went silent. harlow frowned as she pulled her phone away from her ear to see if she had accidentally hung up before she spoke up into the device "I'm back from the dead, ready to see John dead" she then put her brother on speaker while she drummed her fingers on the steering wheel.

Jeremy scoffed, letting out a light laugh at the sound of his sister's voice in slight disbelief  "Harlow?" he questioned, his voice slightly static going though the phone.

"where are you?" Harlow asked, her leg started to bounce not out of nervousness for her relative who may be seriously hurt but for fact that she is going to have to face her old friends and pretend like nothing had happened "I'm at the hospital." she explained 

Jeramy paused before he spoke up "Harlow? are you okay?" he panicked over the phone 

Harlow let out a small laugh at his words, he brother was quite slow at times "in mystic falls hospital." she corrected "John in there isn't he?"

Jeramy took a deep breath deciding if she should tell his sister about the other occupant in the building "and Caroline." he finished 

Harlow's eyes winded as she immediately hung up.  she didn't really care for her uncle but she always liked Caroline much to Elenas distaste for the girl.  

She felt as though Caroline was misunderstood sure she could be a total bitch and insulting. Harlow knew those types of people and she always could tell that using insults and acting stuck up was a way to hide insecurity. 

Harlow walked into the cold hospital, trying to get rid of the flashing memories that bombarded her brain, everything looked familiar which made her exceedingly uncomfortable. she made a beeline for the front desk asking where Caroline's rooms is, the nurse didn't look up from her laptop simply pointing to her left, mumbling the words twenty three.

Harlow nodded thanking the woman before she pushed herself off the counter of the front desk in the direction the nurse pointed out to her as she continued to walk down the hall trying to avoid eye contact with the rooms and people, to prevent arising memories and being recognised. 

In a small town of mystic falls, everyone knows everyone and their business. the Gilberts were the talk of the town when there parents died and then Harlow moved which she knew would have spread like wild fire.

as she got closer to the room, where she was told Caroline was. she had reached her first obstacle in-front of her path was no other then the one person she was dreading to reunite with the most and next to Elena was Bonnie, Elenas best friend. Harlow wasn't as close with bonnie, however she did liked the girl but it was apparent that bonnie sacrificed a lot to prove her friendship or more loyalty to people which didn't sit right with Harlow. 

Bonnie would give up the boy she liked if one of her friends also liked him or she would give up her second spot in the lunch line to one of her friends because there were only two jelly cups left. Harlow could understand sacrifice, but selflessness was something she could not.

as Harlow got closer she saw the back of both bonnie and Elena talking very attentively to someone she had never seen before. the man facing her to Harlow was fairly attractive from what she could see which was black hair but he dressed like someone attractive or just had a massive ego, she already knew he wasn't her type. seeing the three so immersed in their conversation Harlow made the decision to turn on her heel head back from the car. she could just tell Klaus that she got sick and tell Elena the same thing, problem solved no more reunion.