Surfing : 4

JJ's pov:
     I woke up laying on Hailey's chest. She was still sleeping and had her hand on my head. I didn't want to wake her so I kind of just stared at her while she slept. Creepy, maybe, but she finally looked at ease. After the week of bad dreams and stress she finally looked relaxed. Talking with us seemed to help. I felt so bad that she had to go through all of that. I couldn't imagine how she felt. Especially with depression and anxiety weighing on top of her.
     "Morning." She said smiling slightly.
     "Morning gorgeous." I put my hand on her face and caressed it. She leaned into my touch.
     "Oh shit it's only 6:00?" She says looking at the clock. I look over surprised. We only slept 2 1/2 hours. I feel refreshed though, it's kind of weird.
     "I feel like I slept for a whole day!" I say moving off of her. She smirked and said,
     "Wanna go surfing?"
     "Hell yes! Get ready, I want to watch the sunrise with you. It always calms me down when my dad riles me up. I think it would be a good relaxer before we surf."
     "Fuck yeah. Hurry up we need to get out there soon." She says practically flying out of bed. We got ready and she wrote a note telling everyone where we were going. She placed it on the counter and we were off.
     We watched the sunrise together. As always it was really peaceful. We were the only ones on the beach which made it even better. Around 7:30 people started showing up and waves started to form. It was a really good day for surfing.
     Hailey's phone started to ring. She answers it instantly and puts it on speaker.
     "Why wouldn't you wake us up? You took the van. Now we have to walk there!" Kiara says.
     "I'll come back and get you guys if you're going to be like that. But I get the first wave of the day." Hailey replies.
     "Fine. Hurry it up. I want to surf bitch." Sarah said through Kie's phone. Hailey hung up on them and stood up.
     "You wanna come with me, or do you want to stay here and do whatever?" She asks.
     "I'll go with you." We drive back to the château and pick everyone up.
     "Why did you both get up so early?" John B asks.
     "I felt like I slept for a whole day and Hailey wanted to go surf. So I took her to watch the sunrise." I reply. "You all got up pretty early too. Why's that?"
     "Kiara woke up and found a note on the counter top saying you both left to go to the beach. So she woke all of us up. I wasn't too happy but surfing sounded pretty fun so we all went along." Sarah says.
     "Breakfast sounds pretty good right about now." Pope states.
     "I agree." Kie starts. "That's why I brought some leftovers from The Wreck. They're in the box, if you want some."
     "Awesome! Thanks babe!" Pope says reaching for the box.

Pope's pov:
     The leftovers were good as always. The Wreck definitely made the best food. Thank god Hailey and Kie work there, if not we wouldn't be blessed to always have good food.
     We get to the beach and there aren't very many people there. No one was out surfing yet, but the waves had already started. We agreed to let Hailey take the first one. So she did. She just started surfing about a year ago and was already better than most of us. Sarah started around the same time as her, but she's still not as good. Hailey rode out the wave with such ease.
      We all surfed for awhile and the girls stopped to tan. It was almost 2:00 before we all got tired. The waves started to get rough so we all took a break. We ate the lunch that Kie packed and were about to head back. Until Hailey said she wanted to catch another wave.

Kiara's pov:
     It looked like it was about to start storming so everyone began to leave the beach. We were about to head back to the van but Hailey stopped.
     "I want to surf one last wave guys. Wait up for me!" She said beginning to walk off. I thought she was crazy.
     "Oh no you're not!" JJ said grabbing her hand. "Are you crazy? You could get hurt! I don't even like surfing those types of waves."
     "John B surfed the Agatha storm surge and he's fine! JJ I'll be okay I promise! If it seems too dangerous for me I'll go back. Okay?" I was worried about her as much as JJ. The wind and waves really started to pick up now.
     "Hailey no! You just started surfing a year ago! John B has been surfing for a hell of a lot longer than you! And he was stupid to surf the surge and he hasn't done it since!" JJ yelled. Hailey had her mind set on surfing.
     "I'm going JJ. I love you. Forever and always." She said slipping out of his grasp and running back towards the water.
     "I love you too." He yelled back at her. She waved at us and swam out into the ocean.

JJ's pov:
     I wanted to believe she'd be okay I really wanted to. I just couldn't though. It was super dangerous. Everyone knows she's an amazing surfer especially for a beginner. I just had a bad feeling about this. All I could do now was stand and watch with everyone else.
     The waves became more violent the longer she was out there. I started pacing watching her wait on her board. I wanted to go out there and rip her out of the ocean, but I knew I couldn't do that.
     A huge wave started to form. It was a dangerous one. She looked back at us and we all signaled for her to come back. She shook her head and started swimming out.
     "Shit!" I yelled.
     "Oh my god." Sarah and Kiara say in unison.
     "She's crazy. Even I wouldn't surf that." John B says. That just makes me feel even more terrified hearing that come from him. We all watch as she begins to surf. She does well in the beginning, making me feel the slightest bit of assurance.
     Things take a turn for the worse. She loses her balance and the board slips out from under her, and the giant wave crashes on top of her. We all gasp and run towards the shoreline. We wait for a second to see if she comes up. There is no sign of anything except her blue and yellow surfboard.
     "Fuck!" I say running out into the ocean. I swim out to where we saw her go down on my board. I dive down to try and find her, saltwater stinging my eyes. I find her sinking down to the bottom. I grab her and bring her up to the surface. I put her on her board. I let the waves and wind do most of the work pushing us back to the shore.
     Everyone except Sarah begins to run in the water to help Hailey. She seems to be talking on the phone, hopefully with 911. They reach Hailey and bring her quickly back to shore. I feel like all the life has been sucked out of me.

Sarah's pov:
     I called 911 and they are on their way to the beach. Everyone brings Hailey back to shore. JJ following behind. I run to her sobbing along with Kiara. She's unconscious. Her head has a huge gash in it and she is bleeding. JJ is sobbing and has his hands in his hair.
     "Shit, shit, shit! This is all my fucking fault! I shouldn't have let her go out there!" JJ yells and falls to his knees. I hate seeing him like this. I know how it feels to not know if your loved one will be okay. I've been through it with John B when he fell out of The Hawks Nest. Soon the ambulance arrives to take her to the hospital, JJ hopping into the rig with them. We follow them in the van.

Hailey's pov:
     All I feel is water around me. I can't see anything, and I can't move. I see a light, and it's getting closer as if I'm being sucked into it. Then there is just black. I can move again and I don't feel water anymore. I just start walking around in total darkness.
     I turn around to see my mom. I begin to cry and run toward her. She disappears as I try to hug her. Then I see a white figure in a shape of a man in front of me. I wonder if it's supposed to be my dad. I reach to touch it but it disappears as well. All of a sudden every foster family that has ever taken me in shows up in front of me. I don't touch them in fear of them disappearing at my touch.
     I stand in front of each family thinking about the times we had together. Good and bad. I get to the last family. The one I was in before I ran away. Then everyone disappears. The Pogues stand before me now. I begin sobbing knowing they are going to disappear as well. I can't help but try to touch JJ. None of them disappear instead they begin talking to me.
     "Why did you do it? Why couldn't you fucking listen to me?" JJ says blankly with his unreadable face.
     "It was a poor choice Hailey." Pope said in the same emotionless way JJ did.
     "You just killed yourself." Kiara says. I gasp after she says that. Am I really dead?
     "I hope you're happy with yourself." John B states. I begin to cry when Sarah says,
     "You crushed all of us Hailey. You crushed JJ, Pope, Kiara, John B, and I." Then they disappear. My knees buckle underneath me and I drop to the floor sobbing.
     I can hear faint voices around me telling me to get up, but I just give into the pain and continue sobbing.

Hope you enjoyed chapter 4 loves! as always if you have any suggestions message me! until next chapter!🤍