A scoff left the Hybrid's lips before he spoke once more. "You trust Damon with the cure? I imagine he prefers Elena the way she is. I trust no one. Which is why my sister is lying daggered in a box. The more who find out about the cure, the more who will go after it. Nations have gone to war over less. You mark my words— tell one soul and I will throw the hunter's sword in the Mediterranean and we can end this quest right now." Stefan's eyes fell to Klara, who nodded slowly. "Am I understood?"

Stefan didn't give Klaus a response, but his silence was compliant enough. He immediately ended the call and placed his phone down against the nightstand. Klara chuckled quietly. "You've caused a world of problems for yourself just by telling me."

"Well, I don't want there to be any secrets between us. Secrets are what tear people apart and I don't want that happening." Stefan smiled lightly. "Come on, we've got a hunter to find."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Connor made himself known to the vampires of Mystic Falls. He sent every single one of them a message to explain that he was at the Grill with hostages and they would die at sundown. Once they all received the text, they gathered at the Lockwood mansion. Klara and Stefan both walked in together while Elena, Damon, and Tyler wandered aimlessly around the room. "Where the hell have you two been?"

"Sorry, would've got here sooner. But, you know, we were figuring out a plan." Klara sarcastically tilted her head toward the older Salvatore.

"Yeah, we have a plan." Damon shrugged. "The plan is I'm going to rip Connor's heart out and I'm gonna feed it to him."

"That's not a plan." Stefan snapped toward his brother with an irritated glare. "We need to be careful. Connor has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages." 

"Hence the open-heart surgery."

"Damon's right." Elena nodded in agreement with Damon. It was no surprise that the doppelganger started taking Damon's side since she and Stefan broke up, but Damon's choice was reckless. "Connor's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us."

"I called in the Hybrid's to help, too." Tyler voiced as Stefan's face grew sterner.

Caroline ran into the room, heavily breathing. "My mum put squad cars blocking the streets. They're saying it's a faulty gas main. We're good to go." 

"Good. Great. No cops, no witnesses." Damon smirked toward Stefan. "No reason to wait around."

"Wait. Wait, just—" Klara held her hand in the air to try and stop everyone from rushing off. "Surely everyone rushing in there to save the day is the stupid option. Not everyone's going."

"He shot me like nine times, Klara." The Lockwood glared toward the blonde who stood with her arms folded. "If we're killing him, I want in."

Elena's eyes narrowed toward Klara with a determined look. "He's got Jeremy, I'm going."

The youngest Salvatore grew irritated. He knew that if they all rushed in there, they'd kill Connor there and then. He needed Connor alive. "Listen, nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into."

"Until you figure it out?" Damon tilted his head skeptically with a raised brow. "Is that where you and your girlfriend have been all morning, out buying bossy pants?"

"Shut up, Damon." The Adams vampire rolled her eyes. "We're just saying, this guy is a hunter. He's known for setting traps and we'd be idiots to think this isn't one, especially if he has werewolf venom."

Elena's eyes widened in fear as she looked between Klara and Stefan. "Does he?"

"He's had it before."