Chapter 1 - the new girl

Note : Thank all of you that are reading this story. It means a lot to me, especially since it is my first story. I'm sorry if there is any grammar errors, but I hope you can excuse them and enjoy the story. I am a little inexperienced, but I have read many other stories so I hope mine will turn out to be a good one. I am still new though so you will have to excuse my mistakes.

...................................................................................................................................................

-introduction-

I woke up to the sound of my mom yelling at me from downstairs. " Iris get your butt up! You wouldn't want to be late for your first day of school." I groaned and pulled the covers up over my head. "IRIS!!!" I heard my mom say. " I'm up!!" I yelled and threw the covers off. I then got up and walked into the bathroom that connected to my room and started the shower.

Stepping under the hot water, and letting it run down my back and through my waist length dirty blonde hair I closed my light blue eyes and sighed. After I shampooed and conditioned my hair I got out and walked to my closet and picked out my outfit for today. A pair of dark skinny jeans,my lacy pink sweater,a pair of brown no heel boots,and my tan scarf. I applied a light layer of makeup topping it off with my light pink lip gloss and fixing my hair into a messy bun. I ran downstairs and grabbed a cereal bar and my backpack before I ran out to my car. My mom, brother, and I are the only people that live in my house because my dad walked out on us when I was three.

I entered the school address into my GPS and drove the ten minutes to my new school. Once i got there I walked into the front office. "Hello may I help you?" the secretary asked. "Um i'm new here." I said. "Whats your name?" "Iris Lovall" "Ok here is your is schedule and your locker number and combination" she said and handed me a piece of paper. I turned and left the office heading for my locker. I stopped and slowly did my combination and opened it. I checked my schedule and it read Math 1a as my first period.

I grabbed my math book and shut my locker just as a girl with shoulder length brown hair and dark brown eyes appeared in front of me. " Hi i"m Nikki and you must be Iris" she said and I nodded. " Well I am supposed to show you around the school and help you to your classes today." " Oh thanks. Um my first period is math..1a" I said and smiled. " Oh great that's mine too." she said leading me through a crowd of people and into my first class.

"Ok ok class take your seats we have a new student that I would like to introduce." my teacher said as I stood next to him. " Ok everyone this is Iris Lovall. Now go take take your seat next to Stephanie and Christian."

I smiled and walked to the assigned desk and sat down. I accidentally dropped my folder so I bent down to pick up and while I did the guy I sat in front of, Christian slapped me on the bottom. I gasped quietly and turned around to see him sitting there with a smirk on his face as if nothing happened. Stephanie rolled her eyes and glared at me. She had Light blonde hair and sparkling emerald eyes. I took it she was the 'queen bee' of the school. "Ms.Lovall could you please pay attention!" my teacher snapped and I looked down. "Yes, Mr.Johnson I'm sorry." I said quietly and focused on my work.

After class was over I met up with Nikki and my classes after that seemed to go by in a blur until lunch. I followed Nikki through the line and followed her to the round table in the corner of the cafeteria. She then introduced me to her friends. "This is Rebecca." she said motioning to the girl on my left she had light brown hair and dark eyes. "Then there's Marcie." she pointed to my right. She had brown/reddish hair and blue eyes they were a little darker than mine. " And finally there's Kassidy but she goes by Kass." she said and pointed to the girl left of her. She had light blonde hair and dark dark almost black brown eyes.

"Hey I"m Iris" I said and smiled before opening my cup of jello and taking a bit out of the cup with the flimsy plastic spoon. "Wait why is the school bad boy Christian staring at you?" Kass asked and raised her eye brow, I turned around and blushed when I saw him looking. "uh I-I don't know." "You can't like him! He's the biggest player in town you know that right?" "No I didn't." I said quietly. "Plus Stephanie the slut is all over him." "who?" I asked. "Stephanie,blonde hair green eyes the queen bee of the school does that ring a bell?" she asked. "Oh her," I said in a rude tone. "Yeah she's all over him. That whore." Rebecca said.

"Speaking of the devil, and I literally mean the devil," Nikki said and smirked as Stephanie walked up. "Oh shut up I'm not here to bother you. I'm just here to warn you new girl.' Stephanie said as she slammed her hand on the table right in front of my face. "If I ever and I mean ever catch you around my man again I will ruin you." she said and walked off with her little gang of 10 pound makeup wearing barbie dolls. "Ugh I've only been here a day and i already hate her." I said and went to dump my tray.

I decided to leave lunch early to clear my mind and I didn't have anything to do so I just roamed the halls. While I walked I wasn't paying attention and I ran into a wall.falling on my butt. Wait do walls breathe? Nope. I looked up only to find myself staring into the dreamy brown eyes of the one and only Christisn Roberts,