1. ONCE UPON A TIME

Once upon a time, in a distant land called Crystalwood lived a beautiful princess, her name was Elizabeth. It was said that her smile could light up the entire kingdom, she was their light.

                    The kingdom never grieved, they always sang and danced, rejoicing every moment of their beautiful lives. 

         There was not a day that pass when the people would stay home , they loved their land.

                                                Their princess was their favorite along with her twin brother. They'd spend most of their time playing in the village. The twin siblings had a good time, competing with each other and filling the land with excitement.

   If anybody said that Crystalwood was an enchanted land, there would surely be no doubt believing it.

                         "Is that your best racer?", the Prince of Welmont asked, his gaze fixed on the field , "Yes", the King of Crystalwood replied.

                              "Well, I daresay he's fast. Now, where might this beautiful Princess be whom I seek , Your Highness?", he asked, taking a seat next to the king. 

                     "Prince David, it is an honor that you have taken time to visit us, my daughter however -", stopped the King, cut off by the loud sound of the horn. "ALAS! THERE HAS BEEN A TIE, ONCE MORE", shouted the announcer, the Prince's attention turned to the field.

                                           There were two horses standing next to each other, their riders in a heated argument.

                         Their faces well hidden beneath their helmets, "WELL, WELL, ONCE AGAIN, YOUNG PRINCE EDWARD AND OUR BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS HAVE FAILED TO DEFEAT EACH OTHER", said the announcer as the crowd cheered.

                                  The two riders took their helmets off, the princes's black hair pasted to his forehead with sweat, a scowl playing his beautiful features. As the helmet got off her head, her dark hair fell graciously on her shoulders, the King heard a small gasp escape the Prince's mouth.

                                "Your Princess is a racer?" he asked uncertainly , his eyes still wandering the fields. "Well, I believe in giving Elizabeth the freedom she wishes", said the King, proudly. 

                 "Your Lady competes in a men's race?" he asked, looking at the king this time. They could hear the crowd jubilantly cheering the twins's names. 

                  "Yes", said the King, his pride not fading. "Father, Edward has cheated again", came a voice from behind them,

                                                       " Ah, Elizabeth, my dear, we were just talking about you", said the King to his daughter who stood behind them, her helmet under her hand, her dark hair graceful at her shoulders. And as dark as her hair was, lighter were her eyes.

                           A soft brown shade that offered comfort to any onlooker. She held beauty of a different sort. The Price of Welmont had never seen a woman in riding clothes. She wore a corseted top and pants along with her long boots. 

            "You must not tell lies, Lizzy", screamed her brother, coming from behind her.

              "Father she cheated, she always does", said Edward. The Prince however, held every feature of a handsome man.