18 | hurricane eyes

A/N: Just a heads up, I'll be changing the timeline of when this particular scene happened. Instead of this scene happening the day before Neil's play, it will be around a week before.

     Note that some parts of this chapter could be happening at the same time, so don't get too confused.

     Also you will see a new side to Mr. Perry in this chapter, since I have a hint as to why he acts that way towards Neil so I'll be tackling that uwu

     Happy reading!

     NIGHT HAS FALLEN upon Welton, and Neil just got back from practices

     NIGHT HAS FALLEN upon Welton, and Neil just got back from practices. Parking his bike, he makes his way inside and winds his way passed the students who were rushing to get to the mess hall, yelling and shoving each other as they pass by.

     "What's for dinner?!" One of the students yelled out as the bell for dinner rang, echoing throughout the academy.

     "Spaghetti and meatballs!" It was quite a rare occurrence that the school serve these kinds of dishes, so naturally the boys would race against each other to the mess hall, even if they'll all eat it together anyways.

     "Food!"

     Upon arrival at the top of the stairs, Neil makes his way to his room, momentarily shooting his friends a smile. "Save some for me." He says, looking back to watch the horde of students run downstairs.

     The play was to be released by next week, and Neil was as excited as ever. He had all the lines memorized in his head by now, to the point that sometimes he can't help it when the words naturally flow out his mouth. "But room fairy! Here comes Oberon."

     Swinging the door to his room open, he stops dead in his tracks when he spots his father sitting by his desk. "Father." Neil says, completely clueless as to what his father had wanted to say.

     "Neil." His father's tone was flat, and sounded like he was not here to play around. Well, to be honest, Mr. Perry never plays around.

     His tone seemed to give Neil a hint about the coming topic when he stutters out, "Wait a minute, before you say anything," His father smacks the top of his table and stands up to meet him eye level. "— please let me ex — "

     "Don't you dare talk back to me." Mr. Perry deadpans, causing Neil to shut his mouth and just stare back at his father, and wait for the words to come out. "Its bad enough that you've wasted your time with this — this absurd acting business,"

     Neil could only watch the scene unfold before him as he stood there helplessly, not knowing what to say. "— but you deliberately deceived me." Neil settles on looking down at the ground, refusing to meet his father's eyes. "How — how — how did you expect to get away with this?"