20: Why Do I Keep Running From The Truth... All I Ever Think About Is You

Start from the beginning

"Okayyyyy... What the hell Peter? What's your problem?"

"Nothing Gwen... Nothing. I'm just trying to figure stuff out."

"Stuff? What stuff? Is there something wrong between us?"

Peter rubs his face, "No it's not about us."

"Then who's it about?" Gwen already knew the answer to that but she just thought that maybe the friendship between Peter and Mila needed to be mended.

That was until, Gwen's tv turned on as she sat down on the remote. The news comes on and up pops a picture of Spider-Man making her ignore Peter as he mentally curses.

'Latest news shows that Spider-Man may have a spider woman... or maybe just a fan. But either way this looks like a blooming romance.'

A picture of Spider-Man and Mila kissing a few weeks ago pops up on the screen. Mila's face isn't shown that well but Gwen knows exactly who it is.

Gwen looks over at Peter with a sad look. Peter grimaces as he points to the tv and tries to make a joke.

"Well that's just... that's just crazy timing."

"Peter this is not the time to be joking. What the actual hell? You kissed my sister? While dating me? Does she know you're Spider-Man? Did you tell her too? She's your best friend you must tell her everything."

"No Gwen I didn't tell her. I don't know why but she kissed me. She didn't know it was me, she thought it was Spider-Man."

Gwen frowns as she thinks to herself. Mila had always said things that made her think she was crushing on her own best friend but Gwen never believed it.

Peter frowns as Gwen remains silent, "Gwen I haven't even spoken to Mila in weeks. If anything I've completely lost my best friend."

Gwen tears up as she looks at Peter, "Is it because of me?"

"Why would it be because of you?"

"She hasn't told you..."

"Hasn't told me what?"

Gwen shakes her head and takes a deep breath. All this time Mila was talking about Peter but she never told him her feelings because of Gwen.

"Peter I'm breaking up with you."

Peter stares at her with wide eyes, "What?! Gwen no. Why? I'm sorry for kissing Mila. I'm sorry if I seem out of it-"

"Peter... when you think about Mila... what do you think?"

"Excuse me?"

"Come on Peter I mean it, seriously."

Peter clears his throat before looking out the window biting his lip, "She's my best friend. She's always there for me... always. She knows me in and out. Every time I'm sad, happy, mad, confused... she knows. She's beautiful inside and out. I miss her and I can't live without her."

Gwen nods with a sad smile, "Do you have feelings for her?"

"Gwen..."

"Peter Parker you answer me right now."

Peter sighs putting his face in his hands as he thinks about the same thing he had been thinking all week long.

"Yes... I think I'm in love with her."

Gwen nods and stand up looking away from him, "Then go after her."

"Ex-excuse me?"

Peter stares at Gwen in confusion. She smiles lightly as she ruffles his hair.