10

I sat in Josh's bed, dreading the moment I would have to see the rest of the group. I tried to cover up my red eyes as best as I could, but my cheap concealer could only do so much and they all already knew something was wrong. I did stay in Josh's room for almost 12 hours mostly by myself, so it wasn't exactly a secret.

When I finally went out, it went as expected. Everyone was rather quiet, trying their best to ignore the elephant in the room. I wasn't sure how much they knew, or if they knew anything at all, but I really needed to work it out inside my own head before talking to others about it.

Cooper tried to make some jokes, but only Charlie laughed halfheartedly, revealing, not only did I break Schlatt's heart, but I ruined my friend's trip in the process. 

Travis brought me a plate of breakfast with a small smile. Schlatt was across the room, looking down at his phone, and pretending nothing was wrong. The silence lasted long, and it seemed like no one wanted to be the first person to talk. I took the chance to leave the room and take a shower, and when I came back everything seemed to be somewhat normal. Noah was laughing at some joke, Ted was being loud, Charlie was trying to climb the wall, but Schlatt was still in the same spot on his phone. Before he even had the chance to see me, Josh was pulling me away.

"So, do you want to tell him the truth?" He asked once we were alone.

"I do. I just don't know if I can," I said honestly.

"What if he switched too?" Josh asked. I hadn't thought about that. Surely Josh and I weren't the only ones. I thought it over in my mind for a minute.

"I'll tell him. But, I want you to be there if that's okay with you."

"Of course," Josh said. "You should also talk to Smitty, and get that cleared up first," he suggested.

"I will, I'll text him right away." I left back to Josh's room, pulling out my phone. I wanted to make this right. While I typed, Josh sat next to me, looking down at my phone.

Miki

I am going to be honest with you. All the times we have hung out have been great and I think I liked you a little too much. That being said, I really like Schlatt, and I want to be with him. I'm sorry if I distance myself from you, but I made a mistake letting myself fall for you and I need to fix it. Maybe one day we can be friends again, but until then, I wish you the best of luck in life.

It was pretty short and to the point, but I think it's what I needed to say. Josh nodded as a confirmation. Right as I sent the text, I received a read receipt and a few seconds later he was already typing.

Smitty

Thanks for being honest. I'm sorry if anything I did came off as inappropriate for a platonic relationship, and I know I made that mistake once. I wish you the best in life too, and I'm rooting for you and Schlatt. I really am.

I read it quickly and was very happy with the quick conversation. I could show this to Schlatt during my apology. I twisted my phone so Josh could read it easier. His eyes scanned it and he seem satisfied.

"That was surprisingly easy," he said. "Are you ready to talk to Schlatt now?"

"I am." I went out of the room to find Schlatt in the same spot as before.

"I'm ready to have that talk now," I whispered to him. He thought for a moment, like he wasn't sure if he wanted to, but finally he stood up and followed me back to Josh's room.

Schlatt closed the door behind us, only then realizing Josh was sitting there.

"Why is Josh here?" Schlatt asked.

"It will make sense in a minute," I explained. "But first let's talk about the Smitty situation." I handed my phone over to Schlatt with the text messages open. He read them silently with no expression on his face.

"That is respectable," he said when he was done. His facial expression still revealed nothing.

"Now, about the love thing..." I started.

"Does he really have to be here for this?" Schlatt asked gesturing over to Josh.

"Yes, just please let me explain," I begged. Schlatt surrendered and sat down on the bed.

I said the same thing to him as I had said to Josh. I told him how I switched over and the reason I didn't love him was because I had only met him. When I was done he was quiet. He looked down at his hands while Josh and I sat and watched.

"Miki," he finally said, "are you really making up some story? Why would I believe this?" He was starting to get angry.

"The same thing happened to me," Josh said.

"Please, just stay out of this Josh," Schlatt demanded. "Miki, can't you just tell me the truth? Haven't you done enough already?"

"It is the truth," I pleaded.

"It is," Josh confirmed.

"No, it's not," Schlatt yelled. "The truth is you're cheating on me with Josh, and now you're both making up an insane story to cover your asses."

"No, Schlatt, it's-" I tried to say.

"Josh, you were my friend, why would you do this?" Schlatt asked. I could see tears coming to his eyes but he held them back. "And Miki... I don't even know what to say to you. Our relationship is over and I'm leaving."

He was true to his word and he left. We heard the front door slam and his car drove away. Only then did it all hit me as I started to cry again. Josh held me as my tears came out.

The door to the room opened again.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Charlie asked angrily. I couldn't get any words out and only more tears came. "Miki, you cheated on Schlatt? And with Josh? And Josh? Why would you do that?" I had never seen Carson so angry before.

Josh tried to answer but it was no help.

"You two get the fuck out of this house," Charlie yelled. With what seemed like no other choice, Josh and I walked slowly out of the house as everyone stared in silence. As the door was closed in front of us, I was at an all time low.

I had lost my boyfriend, my friends, my house, everything, and it was all my fault.