"Family Dinner " pt. 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

            Me
         Sounds like a plan Wen!
I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait! I'll see you tonight beautiful
                    I love you too Wendy Marvell <3
                                           Sent, 10:35am

I locked my phone and set it down on the counter while I heard the toaster go off and proceeded to grab my toaster strudels.

Dinner with Wendy's folks tonight. I'd better dress to impress. I know usually when Wen and I went on dates, even to some more upscale places I never really "dressed up" per say. But tonight is gonna be special, so I should clean up a little.

After I finished eating I headed back upstairs to take a look at some of the "classier" attire options I had in my closet for my dinner with Wendy's family tonight.

All I really had were a pair of black slacks, a heather grey button up shirt and a black tie, with some pretty dapper black loafers. I hardly wore any of these because they were mostly for our parents fancy workplace parties that they liked to drag Natsu and I to. But for a dinner with my girlfriends' parents, these would work perfectly fine.

I ironed out my outfit for the evening and left it to hang on my door. I then went to join the two screaming idiot seniors in Natsu's room.

Per usual, they were in a shouting match over super smash bros. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've actually played with them. Why not give it a shot, I have a few more hours before I have to start getting ready for dinner with Wendy.

"Alright jackasses I'm takin the winner" I smirked.

Gajeel and Natsu both turned and returned a smirk.

"YOURE ON MUNCHKIN!" They shouted in unison.

We played for what seemed like an eternity. Match after match, we'd lost track of who won the most after about the first 30 matches (although I'm almost positive it was me and it didn't even feel close).

I picked up my phone to check the time.

5 O CLOCK?!?!?! IM SUPPOSED TO BE AT WENDY'S IN HALF AN HOUR!

I quickly ran into my room, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, slipped my clothes on and threw on some of my dad's cologne. I sent Wendy a text to let her know I was on my way and told Natsu and Gajeel I'd be back later tonight.

At Wendy's House

I finally arrived at my girlfriend's house.

I looked down at my watch, 5:30 on the dot.

'Phew, made it just in time Conbolt.'

Just as I turned to walk to the door, it opened and a beautiful, cheery bluenette sprung from behind the front door to run up to me and throw her arms around me.

"Romeo!!!" Wendy exclaimed, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Someone missed me" I joked as she gave my arm a light jab.

"Oh don't flatter yourself too much bucko" Wendy joked back, giving me a peck on the cheek as we walked into her home, hand in hand.

Here goes nothing, dinner with my girlfriends family for the first time.

Break a leg Conbolt

Wendy POV

I walked Romeo into the house, and led him first over to my dad who was sitting on the recliner watching TV. He flashed Romeo a smile upon seeing him and got up to shake his hand.

"Romeo! It's been a while bud. I believe this is the first time we've seen each other since you and Wendy have been going steady." Oh God. 'Going steady' really dad?

"Haha I guess it has been a while Mr. Fullbuster. It's great to see you. Thank you for letting Wendy out to hang out with me, even before we were dating. I'm truly a lucky guy. Romeo smiled, giving my hand a squeeze almost as if to say "I love you".

"Well you're a fine young man Romeo. And in the past few months you've been Wendy's first and best friend here in Magnolia, and now her boyfriend. Wendy's mom and I were worried about her meeting new people, so we're glad she'd found you. You just take care of our Wendy alright?" Dad's tone changed a bit toward the end. Sounding a bit overprotective. Oh God not you too dad. First Gray now this. What is with these Fullbuster men?

Romeo gave my dad a warm smile.

"Worry not Mr. Fullbuster, I'll take good care of her. You have my word."

I blushed at his words. I am a lucky girl.

I have what every girl dreams of.

A boy that loves her.

A boy that is there for her.

That makes her laugh.

And a boy that takes care of her.

I love you Romeo Conbolt. So so much