ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟙 • 𝕃𝕖𝕥'𝕤 𝔾𝕠 𝕋𝕠 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙... ℕ𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕚 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕛𝕒𝕛

"Just stay away from him... or you'll regret it. Almost as much as you regret him."

My breath hitched in my throat as I stared at the ground. The sound of a door opening and closing echoed behind me as my hand started to start shaking, ever so slightly.

There's no way she knows about him... She doesn't know about what happened- she can't! It happened in high school, I didn't know her then... Only Brielle knows but she would never tell anyone even if Tom Holland's life depended on it.

"HEY! C'MON DUDE, YOU'RE TAKING TOO LONG! WE WANNA GO IN ALREADY!" Brielle's yell snapped me out of my thoughts. I tried to brush off my previous thoughts and quickly grabbed the towel that Katlyn had left on the floor.

Stepping out of the locker room, the bright sun shone in my face and my eyes took a second to adjust to the brightness. Looking at the clear blue sky and crystal clear water of the natural pool in front of me, I immediately felt relaxed.

I shouldn't let her taunt me, she probably has no idea, she's just jealous.

Brielle had our bags containing our snacks on top of a picnic table that was placed right next to the pool. A few chairs sat by it with an umbrella over them. Katlyn, Brielle, and I wore our bathing suits, and Jack and Mark were wearing swim trunks and no shirts.

I wore a two-piece swimsuit that had a black pair of shorts covered with flowers and a green top to compliment it. Brielle wore a black one-piece with a sheer midsection. Katlyn wore a blue, two-piece bikini. (Pictures in the header above^)

We pulled out all our snacks, including giant bags of chips, dips, sandwiches Bri had prepped earlier, and all our drinks, ranging from water to soda to fruit juice. We pulled out the water guns that were still in their original packaging and examined them, the thought of having to take them out of all that packaging feeling exhausting already.

"Guess we gotta take these out first,"

"NO WAY! I'M GOIN' IN!" Brielle, who is usually the more cool and collected of us two, cut off Jack with an excited scream before charging for the water. A huge splash erupted from where her body made contact with the crystal blue water and drops of water even managed to reach those of us that were still on land.

"Ahhh... that felt good!" Brielle popped up from the teal-colored water with a new, refreshed look on her face.

"I thought you hated swimming! Last time we went to the beach, I had to DRAG your ass into the water!" I yelled at her. She closed her eyes and started to gently float on her back before answering me.

"I hate the beach - not swimming - the beach. Take me to a pool or something with freshwater, I'm all for it!" I rolled my eyes at her as I let out a small laugh.

Soon enough, we were all jumping into the water and floating on our backs alongside my best friend.

*****

A few hours had passed and we had all spent a good amount of time in the water, either just chilling and swimming or having an intense watergun battle. Plenty of bags of chips were emptied and tinfoil that had covered sandwiches was balled up. I had lots of footage from the day and was currently looking over it while sitting over the pool edge.

My legs dangled and kicked the crisp waves as I watched the videos I had taken of my friends and I and smiled at the memories we were making. I was waiting for the food in my stomach to settle before jumping back in and swimming around. Katlyn was lying in one of the chairs, supposedly tanning but I think she was taking a nap.

Jack, Mark, and Brielle were talking and splashing around in the pool while I watched and took a few more pictures.

The sun shining on my face and the crystal water on my legs was the perfect combination to relax my mind and really let me enjoy the beautiful summer day. I closed my eyes and took in a breath of the warm Florida air.