CHAPTER 13

EMMA'S P.O.V:
  I come home to find an empty house. This is the first time I'm actually greatful for it. I slouch onto the couch.

  Then I remember Phillipe's fight.

  I quickly text my mom before grabbing my leather knuckle gloves and rushing out the door. I pull on my knuckles gloves and race toward the street. The elementary school is about two blocks from my place, so I've got to move fast.

  I get there about 3:05 to see the fight has just started. Phillipe's jaw is dripping blood, and Dale's black and blue all over. Finally, I can't stand it anymore. "Stop!," I yell. Everyone looks over at me. "I'll fight in Phillepes place." Dale smirks. Phillepe looks at me with a dumbfounded expression.

  "I'll fight in Dales place," someone says. I'd know that voice anywhere. Pat, Axels older brother. I'm dead.

  Phillepe walks over to me. "I'm not letting you," he growls.

  "You don't get a choice," I reply. I place my phone in his hand. I take a deep breath before looking up at him.

  "Take care of my family," I say. Before he can say anything, I step into the middle of the circle. I take a look around. Simon is staring at me with a gaping jaw. Jeremy's smirking. Daniel and Anthony are howling with laughter. Joseph's shaking his head at me. Axel's cheering his brothers name.

  Then I see Alex. He's staring at me, his jaw in a tight line, his fists clenched. Pat steps up. He's easily a head taller than me, and looks stronger than a bull.

     I put up my fists, and Pat copies. Then, he swings, nailing me right in the head. I shake my head to clear it, then let my fist fly. I nail Pat right in the gut, and he bends over in pain. Grabbing his hair, I throw him backwards.

  Now he's really ticked. Getting up, he races over and knocks me in the head, a very sensitive spot. When I was nine months, I got into a car accident that made the left side of my head very vulnerable. I regret that I ever told him about it. He hit's the spot, I scream in pain, my knees buckle, and the world goes black.