Chapter One

Chapter One

"Faster!" Claire hissed as she tried to push me towards the lockers while staying vigilant to our surroundings. "You're overreacting too much and I don't want to get caught and be labelled as someone weird."

"Claire, why do I have to do this?" I argued back while trying to free myself from her grasp, which was a lost case by the way. She's too strong and athletic for my nerdy body.

Claire Rosemarie Santos is one of the friends I made throughout my school journey. We were the exact opposite. She was tall and I was shorter than her a few inches. She's athletic while I'm a bookworm. I'm a coward and she's too fearless. And while I love to grow out my hair, she loves it short. In short, she's boyish and I'm the exact opposite of it.

But our difference just helped our friendship to blossom since our high school days. It was something I'm grateful for. She helped me with what I'm lacking and I compliment hers.

Claire and I we're both scholars in St. Paul University, a co-ed university which was mostly filled to the brim with middle class to rich people. Not that we're really too poor. And because we were scholars, we often receive jobs from the school like helping out on the library and such. And today, we're supposed to check all rooms for students still loitering around even though classes have already ended a few hours ago. You know, students who do some stupid things. Well, I guess, we should have been the one checked first.

"Juliet Celine Lagdameyo!" she shouted as she pushed me harder, her patience clearly flying out of the window. "Just put your goddamn letter in his locker!"

I shushed her as I nervously looked around for anyone signs of other people. Her voice was too loud that it echoed throughout the floor wherein. Scared that a janitor, a guard, a teacher, or worst another student heard our bickering. "It's not that easy to place a letter inside someone else locker. And a love letter if I may add. A love letter to the 'Azrael Montreal' everyone likes."

"You have two hands, two feet and two eyes. Hold that piece of garbage. Look for his locker. And put it in there," she stated sarcastically. "It's that simple. It's not like he'll knew whoever wrote it. Your name wasn't even written in there, coward."

"You're too rude. Are you in your period?" I teased, trying to lighten up the mood. Well, mostly just distracting her from the reason we're currently in.

But instead of laughing at my words, she just rolled her eyes. And the next thing I knew, she snatched the letter out of my hands and just walked past me. And with regret, I just stared at her with horror when she slipped the letter in the small hole of Azrael's locker. She even had the audacity to smirked triumphantly at me.

"What did you do?!" I shouted frantically as I tried to open the locker. I even foolishly attempted to insert my fingers in that little hole as if it's going to even fit.

"You're too irrational. I want to go home," she said as if she didn't do anything that could jeopardize my life. "And besides, I'm getting tired of just looking at you."