20XX

20XX...

A great battle between good and evil was once occurred during the year of 20XX. Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass and Duo, were fighting alongside together to defeat the infamous Dr. Wily, and planned to end his entire career as a mad scientist forever. However, just he was about to be defeated, he unleashed an unexpected final plan, which was to release his ultimate creation, the most powerful robot he had ever created, named, Zero. Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass and Duo fought Zero with their utmost strength but Zero eventually defeated them with so little efforts. Dr. Wily found solace for witnessing the deaths of the heroes by the hands of his own ultimate creation. The complete body of Zero became much more violent and went berserk and attacked Duo and slashed him into pieces with his Z-saber sword. He then proceeded to destroy Proto Man and other robot masters and badly injured both Mega Man and Bass, whom were the two only left in the battlefield. On a very rare occasion, Dr. Wily told both Mega Man and Bass to escape, but Bass refuse Dr. Wily's order and proceeded to continue his battle against Zero due to his egoistic nature of being the strongest robot, even it would meant killing him. Mega Man and Bass had an argument. Bass transformed into a fusion with Treble and Mega Man decided to help Bass and powered up with his Super Adapter to fight against the all-powerful Zero. Unfortunately, Mega Man and Bass lost to Zero miserably, leading both of them into the verge of being comatose. Suddenly, Dr. Wily quickly changed his mind and immediately tried to control Zero by pressing the control device to calm Zero down, but it didn't worked that easily. Zero was furious while staring at his creator with the coldest stare; Dr. Wily was frozen in absolute fear, while constantly pressing the device. Mega Man apologized to Bass for not being able to save his life because he couldn't carried two people at the same time due to his lack of stamina, but instead, he took this chance and take Dr. Wily away to escape from Wily Castle while leaving Bass alone. The Wily Fortress began to collapse, as Zero managed to escape from the Castle maniacally while screaming in pain due to Dr Wily's control device and mysteriously nowhere to be found... Sadly, Bass was the only one who couldn't managed to escape from Wily's collapsing lair, and Bass was presumed to be dead alongside the destroyed bodies of Proto Man, Duo and other robot masters. It was indeed a destructive and unforgettable battle...

Few moments later, Mega Man managed to reach home with the exhausted and painful Dr. Wily. Dr. Light and Roll were shocked looking at both of them in a state of a nearly destroyed body. After Mega Man told Dr. Light and Roll the whole story, Mega Man died due to the massive damage that Zero had done. His body was beyond repaired and couldn't be able to do anything to revive him back to life. Mega Man managed to smile and said thank you to both Dr. Light and Roll for everything before his death. Dr. Light and Roll cried. Dr. Light and Dr. Wily had a conversation and after a while, Dr. Wily eventually died due to the sudden heart attack. Dr. Light cried again, remembering those times when they were younger and worked together as a team to make a better place to the world...

Towards the end of 20XX, at the collapsed castle of Dr. Wily, Bass, woke up from the destroyed area, found a brown cape nearby and took it to cover his nearly destroyed body (the same cape as Bass EXE from Mega Man Battle Network series), traveled alone in a middle of nowhere, until his body couldn't took much longer anymore and his energy was draining drastically at the same time, he eventually collapsed unconsciously again.

At some unknown point of year in 21XX, Bass' body was found by a group of Asian scientist and took his body to their secret lab for further investigation, researched and experiment. The leader of the Asian scientist group is known as Dr. Jinsei, who appeared to know a lot about Bass. Apparently, Dr. Jinsei's grandfather used to work with Dr. Wily during at his prime. Bass was kept in a large capsule covered with wires and cables to support his body power system and to maintain his life power system. During the investigation on Bass' body, Dr. Jinsei believed that he must do something about Bass' body. Thus, he decided to fully upgrade Bass' whole body into a whole new different level and making a new version of him. He started to believe himself that he would create the most powerful Reploid in the world.

And so the project had begun... Bass' mind was extracted from the body, and they were researched by different group of scientists from the same laboratory. Bass' mind was given a whole new upgraded body that rivals the Reploids and the New Generation Reploids alike. Also, Bass granted a new legendary weapon, a Katana Saber, also known as, B-Saber. Bass eventually become the Vergil from Devil May Cry series version of Mega Man X series. Bass' fate is the exact same fate as Zero from Mega Man Zero series for having a whole new body upgraded that could fit enough to be in the next Mega Man installment. Bass' whole new appearance has drastically changed, with the head of Bass EXE from Mega Man Battle Network series and with the upgraded body of the original Bass from the Classic Mega Man series with the addition of a trench coat at the bottom part of his body to add up some stylish look.

Bass literally became a test subject to Dr. Jinsei, Bass woke up in his half-completed state during some time in a year of 21XX in Dr. Jinsei's secret laboratory, having him to be released for further training sections by killing many Mavericks and Mechanaloids alike. Interestingly enough, unbeknownst to the Maverick Hunters, Bass actually involved himself in the Dr. Doppler, Repliforce War, The Colony and the Nightmares incidents in certain areas that couldn't be detected by the Hunter Base or the Maverick Hunters. Dr. Jinsei was shocked and surprised to see how strong Bass could become with his new upgraded body even in his half-complete form. Bass' offensive styles are very similar to Vergil from Devil May Cry and Mitsunari Ishida from Sengoku Basara series. This new version of Bass is calm, cool, collected, and introverted, constantly maintaining an aura of fearlessness, as he is no longer an extremely smug, bad-tempered, rebellious, fiercely independent and arrogant individual who believes that he's the strongest above all else anymore. His personality is more of an anti-hero but his ego seems to always get the best of him and uses fighting as a resort to any means necessary.