Chapter Nineteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Because I'm you goofball in tinfoil and I love you." I kiss him on his forehead. "And I can't risk you getting hurt either. I would rather get hurt than see you get hurt by him." I tell him.

"Don't you think it would hurt me more to see you get the crap beat out of you because of me?" He takes a deep breath, "maybe just until we graduate. Then, we can get back together."

"Adrian no. I'm tired of people thinking they can scare me or anyone I love into doing something they don't want to do. Do you trust me?"

He nods his head.

"Then, I'm going to do whatever I can to keep you as my boyfriend and I'm not going to let some guy bully me into giving you up."

"I won't be able to live with myself if something happens to you."

"I know and like I said I'm a big boy. I won't let Hector ruin what we have."

I hold him tight. I am not going to lie. I am scare as to how far Hector will go, but he is not going to take Adrian away from me. He is just going to have to face the fact Adrian wants to be with me and not him.

***

"Jesse maybe we shouldn't do this, we should just wait." Adrian says as we sit in his car, he had spent the night trying to convince me from approaching Hector today.

"The longer we put it off, the worse Hector's wrath will be. This is the only way Adrian, if we want to stay together I have to do this."

He sighs deeply, he is worried and there isn't much I could do to ease his mind.

"Are you ready to get this over with?" I ask as I grab his hand and give it a gentle squeeze.

"Not really, but I don't have much of a choice."

"I'm sorry Adrian. I know you don't want me to get hurt, but I'm not going to let him take you away from me."

I lean in and kiss him gently on his lips. He sighs softly as I rest my forehead on his.

"Everything is going to be alright. Once he sees I'm not going to back off, he will leave us alone. He has too much to lose by fighting with me, so don't worry so much. I prefer to see you smiling instead of frowning."

He chuckles softly.

"Come on, the sooner I face Hector, the sooner we can go back to enjoying our time together."

I lean over and kiss him again before I step out of his car. I walk over to the driver's side and grab Adrian's hand as we walk inside. My goal is to find Hector and let him know that he can take his sad pathetic threats and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. We walk down the hallway; I still haven't spotted Hector anywhere. I am starting to wonder if he even showed up to school today.

"I guess we better just head to class, I don't see him anywhere."

Adrian nods his head and we head off to class. We are almost to class when I am shoved into the wall. I slam into the wall and fall to the ground. When I look up to see who pushed me I see it was Hector and he doesn't look too happy either.

"I told you to break up with him or he was going to suffer." Hector says as he looks at Adrian.

Adrian hasn't moved from where he stood. I manage to get to my feet; I ignore the pain in my shoulder.

"Hey asshole, don't talk to my boyfriend that way. If you have a problem then you deal with me not him." I say as I stand my ground.

Hector turns to face me; he takes a step closer to me. "For a smart guy you're really making a stupid choice right now." Hector spits back at me.