03. welcome home, everleigh morgan

Start from the beginning

     How does one pack all their stuff and make sure everything is in the boxes with nothing left behind? Because once she leaves in a few days, she's not coming back. Her dad is. He's coming back to finish packing and sending off the rest of their stuff to their new home but chances are he'll forget something if she relies on him and everything she owns.

    That's all they have been doing for the past few days; packing. — Technically, they didn't even have a place in Stars Hollow. At the moment she's just relying on Dean and spreading the word out in hopes to find an apartment or a small house to own there. What they do know is that they are staying at 'Independence Inn'. That may or may not be run by Rory's mom, Lorelai.

     Which again, she wasn't surprised about. In all honest, Dean forcing her to bond with Rory was starting to bother her. A lot. The more he wanted to the two hangout, the less she wanted to spend the time together. During her getaway she had the chance to spend a little bit more time together, only because of her best friend and she wasn't going to be the one to make him choose between his best friend or his girlfriend.

    A knock on her door pulls away from her thoughts. Turning around to face the door, she was expecting her dad standing there but instead it was someone she really didn't want to see.

    "Agnes," She says, her tone cold, "Why are you here?"

    Her other best friend — ex best friend, invites herself inside the room and Everleigh automatically crosses arms. Agnes soft answers, "Your dad let me in."

    "So? Did I ask for you to come over?" She asks but just as Agnes opens her mouth, she continues, "No, turn around and leave."

    "Eve —" Agnes starts.

    "Everleigh." The girl corrects.

    Not even arguing back, Agnes shuts the doors behind her, giving them more privacy. Which again she didn't ask for. Looking around her room, Agnes' shoulders fall at the state of it. The once covered walls with paintings, posters and pictures of them were left with just empty shade of Plum. No picture or frame in sight. The desktop no longer covered with books, her carnivorous plant or even just a frame of her and Agnes hugging on their second year of summer camp. Instead two moving size boxes were placed on top of the table. Her whole room was covered with them. Everleigh's personality no longer shines through the room like it used to.

     "You're moving?" Agnes asks with furrowed brows, shaking her head as she does so, "Is it because of what happened?"

    "Oh, yeah, because I can't handle boyfriend drama in my life, " Everleigh's sarcasm taking the best of her, "Maybe even will go and sing 'I Wanna Grow Old With You' to someone as I sit lonely in a karaoke bar."

    "I'm serious, Eve."

    "Everleigh," She corrects again quietly, "Don't ask stupid questions if you don't want stupid answers."

    "Why are you moving?" She asks again and Everleigh rolls her eyes.

    "Because I can but speaking of moving, hey, did you know Blaze moved away." Agnes looks down to her shoes at the girl's harsh tone.The girl could practically feel her heart shatter in million pieces at the thought of Agnes knowing before her. "Wow. This is great.''

    "Eve—"

    "You know, it's pretty ironic how Jolene is your favorite name." The teen suddenly says.

    "Eve—"

    "It's Everleigh!" Her voice rises.

    "Everleigh, I am so sorry." Agnes sincerely says it, making The Morgan girl to drop her arms by her sides and be the one to look away. " I really am. I didn't mean for it to happen. I was drunk and I don't know what I was thin—"