Chapter 3

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

IN HIS TREMBLING GRASP, HE HELD A DELICATE BOUQUET OF PALE LAVENDERS, each petal a muted stroke against the sterile backdrop of the hospital corridor

IN HIS TREMBLING GRASP, HE HELD A DELICATE BOUQUET OF PALE LAVENDERS, each petal a muted stroke against the sterile backdrop of the hospital corridor. The bouquet seemed to materialize in his hands, an enigma he couldn't quite decipher, as if it had sprung from the depths of his subconscious. In this surreal moment, he felt like an actor in a dream, moving through a world that wavered at the edges of his perception.

The bouquet, a subtle symphony of lavenders, was a testament to his intent, though he struggled to recall when or why he had picked it up. Disconcerting fragments of thoughts swirled through his mind, like fading echoes of a distant conversation. His steps were hesitant, as if each footfall required conscious effort to pierce through the fog that cocooned him.

As he walked past the nurses and the occasional passerby, a whisper of unease crawled up his spine. A disconcerting realization began to take shape—none of them met his gaze. It wasn't a disinterest that bothered him; it was the absence of recognition. In the past, during visits to the hospital accompanying Y/N on her health check-ups, the staff had always greeted him warmly, acknowledging his presence. The contrast with their current indifference was jarring, a subtle shift in the fabric of his reality.

The oddity of the situation compounded as his mind drifted back to his earlier awakening. At that moment, as consciousness slowly returned to him, he had noticed the nurses and doctors appeared to have bypassed him. It was a curious detail that had etched itself into his memory, a puzzle piece that refused to fit the narrative of his surroundings.

However, in this surreal juncture, their gazes slid past him, as though he were a transient apparition in their midst. Their eyes held a vacant quality, as if their attention had been diverted by some unseen force beyond his comprehension. This avoidance left an unspoken question hanging in the air, tugging at the fringes of his consciousness. He suppressed the urge to vocalize these questions, opting instead to steady his frayed nerves.