Chapter 4 : "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown''

So, Nick Fury wanted to hire a teenager without any cost. Thus he had come in this shabby hotel in Venice and knocked Ned out with sedatives in order to find him and talk to him even if Peter had ghosted al his calls.

"Get dress now, Kid. You go with me''

"I go with you'' Peter repeated completely lost after Fury explained to him he knew about the Elementals.

"To HQ, indeed. We need your help, Parker. Hurry up !''

Peter sighed after Fury left. He put on his suit that May put obligingly in his suitcase and he went out the window after glancing at Ned who snored as the happiest man on earth.

He caught Fury upon a rubber dinghy. The beginning of the drive was in deep silence, in Peter's point of view. He felt that he involved himself again in an impossible situation just as he had promised to May and Tony, he would be far away from danger. Ironically, it was almost impossible for Peter.

But he'd rather say anything. He knew that he would be reckless to make Fury angry. This man has a presence and a charisma that it sent shivers down your spine. He had never met him in person but he had heard of him and he knew enough about him that he'd better keep his mouth shut. Unintendedly, he was intimidated in front of Fury.

"Stark left that for me much time ago'' Fury said with a deep voice keeping his eyes on the road. He hung a small box to Peter.

"Really ?''

Fury didn't answer but Peter recognizes the box as a glasses case.

Did Tony leave these glasses to Fury for him? He knew that Tony was very found of glasses but he could have given it himself, right?

He opened it carefully because the case probably cost a lot and because it belonged to Tony. In it, there was a pair of thick-framed glasses. They were lightly blue-stained. Peter looked into it, he was thinking very fast. Why did Tony give this glasses to Fury then handed it over him afterwards? Why did he give it now? Do they have a special power?

"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown'' Fury said with a pompous voice which put an end to Peter's thought. "Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a star wars reference''

Peter smiled under his mask. Tony knew him well because he had no idea what Fury wanted to say with that reference. After all, he didn't wear any crown. What does he mean? Peter started to have enough of the cryptical remark of the man.

It was too hard to ask to spend some time alone? No, but Nick Fury should have come flushing him out in Italy.

Peter mediates on his words for a moment but he can't still understand it. Instead of he asked :

"When did Tony give you it ?''

" About five months ago after Thanos. He said I had to give you these when the time has come when you would be ready''

Peter was stunned. Tony had never told him that.

"When— When I'd be ready ?''

Fury did not answer

"I—I'm not ready, Mister Fury, ok ?'' Peter said freaking out because the man did not say anything and he was just looking in front of him. "I'm sixteen and I'm— I'm on vacation, ok ?''

"Listen, kid. There is no 'vacation' for super-heroes, got it? The world doesn't wait and the bad guys either. I need a new team and I need you to take care of this. You need to choose to take your responsibilities seriously or not''

Peter held a sigh back. However, he kept himself silence. He felt his heart bitting against his chest while Fury was driving to the general headquarters.

He didn't like how the events were turning. He wondered whether he had to talk to Tony. May would probably be worried to death if she knew about it. Tony should have been aware of what's happening? Peter knew him well, he'd probably be on the look-out and he'd warn him if Peter is in danger and he must keep in touch with Fury.

No, it would be best to say nothing.

Tony had so much problem to solve.