The News

{panic on the brain,
world has gone insane}

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\☆/////////////////////////////////////

"y/n. Wake up, girly!" I slowly blink my eyes a few times and waited for everything to come into focus after becoming conscious.

       I check my phone and squint my eyes at my aunt kate for a second.

 "Oh my God, kate, its eight o'clock in the freaking morning.
 If you dont have a good reason for waking me up at this ungodly hour, i will  seriously end you",I say truthfully as i prop myself up on my elbows.

"Wow, okay. But before you 'end me' I just thought you'd like to know something.." she trails off. "Kate, if you dont tell me right now-" i start.

"okay, okay fine," she interupts my threat, "I GOT THE JOB!" she exclaims happily. "Oh my god, Kate! Im so happy for you! You've been looking for ages!" I reply. "Okay, so the job is as a nanny for a little girl named Flora Fairchild. She has a brother, Miles, but he goes to boarding school so you might not even meet him," she says

"Thats so cool! So what kind of house will we be staying at?" I ask. "House? That is a serious understatement for this place. Its an old gated manor set on a huge property.  We'll be living like royals, kid."

        "Are you for real? The biggest place i've ever stayed in was that three bedroom house in Florida! How'd you even find  these people way out here?" I ask out of curiousity. Not many rich people out here in this part of New Hampshire.

"About that," she begins, "So these people..arent..from here." She finishes. "wait, how far away do they live? A couple hours?" I ask a bit fearfully

"Well.. lets just say we're not  gonna be in Texas any longer" she concludes. "Now, go take a shower, you're gonna want to be fresh for when we get there, or at least semi-fresh.." she says, looking me up and down disaprovingly before patting my leg and exiting my room. ugh. Shower time.

i get up and walk to my closet, picking out a cute fit for the day, and i walk into my bathroom, shutting the door behind me and locking it. Alright, lets do this. While shampooing and conditioning my hair, i think about how the word mercedes has three differently pronounced letter 'e' sounds.

After my shower, i towel dry my hair and put on the outfit for the day: A pastel striped long sleeve crop top with a white pointed collar, light wash distressed jeans cuffed at the hem, and my white converse (low top)

I style my h/c hair with loose bell curls and a small braid crown at the top and put in some realistic looking flower clips i got off of Amazon that week.

"Okay. I think I'm ready. "

_____________________________«___»_____________________________

                      **Time skip to arriving at the Fairchild's property**

_____________________________«___»_____________________________

" we're here!" I hear kate squeal as we pull up to a large gated property. "Woahh" i say, in awe of the beauty of the manor as i take it all in. "This is where we're staying?" I say in total shock and amazement. I cant wait to see my new room if this is the house we're staying in  I think to myself.

we get out of the car and as i look around and approach the doorstep, i hear kate greeting who i assume is mrs. grose by the looks of it. The woman steps asside to let us pass with only a  short hello before moving gracefully away.. well, floating is a better word for it. It almost seems a bit eerie to me.

brushing off the feeling, i look around and see a small girl who looks to be about ten years old. "You must be Flora, i'm y/n, " i say to her with a smile.

"Hi, yes, I'm flora," she says smiling before grabbing my hand "come on, y/n, let me take you to meet the horses," she says, leading me presumably to the stables while holding my hand. Once we arrive, she introduces them. "This one here is Delilah, she's my favorite.

And this one is Samson. Only Miles rides Samson," she says, gesturing to the horse. "Here, delilah wants that apple," she says, pointing to the pile. "But dont eat the apple. The seeds have cyanide in them We wouldnt want you to die on your first day," she giggles.

okayyy not creepy at all, i think to myself while feeding the horse an apple. "Come on, let me show you your room," she says excitedly.

I enter the room and immediately fall in love. It has pale pink walls with a matching duvet with a million soft-looking pillows at the white headboard that has twinkly lights all strung up and a white vanity desk with a white chair that has a pink fluffy cover and a  white chest of drawers for my clothes.

"Its beautiful!" I say, meaning it. "You really think so? Miles picked it all out for you," she giggles. "I hope I get to meet him sometime," i say while sitting down on the comfortable bed.

"He's at school, silly. You cant see him while hes at school." she says with another giggle. "Ah, my mistake," i say, dropping the subject .

stupid boarding school, i think. It would be nice to have someone my own age to hang out with while im staying here at the manor.

_____________________________«_☆_»____________________________

hey guys! Thanks for checking out my story Level of concern. Its my first ever book and i really hope you show me some support by commenting and voting on all my chapters. I plan on updating the story regularly and please feel free to dm me for suggestions or even just leave them in the comments!

❤️sorayah❤️

                                                       ©euphoricblxsh 2020