11 ¤ Hidden Realm

A/N: This chapter is a bit of a crossover between Haikyuu and Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits. If you want a better understanding of the setting and some characters I suggest you go watch it, it's really good!!

W

e resurface in the Hidden Realm. I keep Tetsu sheltered behind me in case any dangerous ayakashi or yokai want to eat him as a snack. When all is clear I mask him in a light anti-gravity spell and jump up to a tree. "Aaaahhhhhh!" Tetsu shouts and I immediately put a finger to his lips. "Unless you wanna be spirit food I suggest you don't do that," I warn.

He nods quietly, already listening to my warning. I take us from tree to tree, approaching Tenjinya. I make one last big jump from a tree to a roof of the inn. We crawl up to the railing and hop onto the deck. I release the spell on Tetsu before knocking on the door. There's no answer so I open it to find an unoccupied guest room.

"Perfect," I say mostly to myself. "So um, where exactly are we going?" Tetsurou questions with worry latticed in his voice. I look back at him. "We're going to see the royal couple of Tenjinya. The Ogre God and Mistress Aoi," I reply. "Um, what's Tenjinya?" he asks again. I sigh, "It's an inn for spirits. Now are you done asking questions?" I glare slightly at him. "For now," he says with a sweatdrop.

I go to the closet to find a hat for Tetsu to wear. "This will help shield you from spirits looking for a meal," I tell him. He nods and adjusts the woven straw to his liking. "Alright, let's go," I say, grabbing his hand. I take us out of the room and to the top floor of the inn. That's where we'll find the Ogre God and Mistress Aoi.

At the top floor~

Finally in front of the gigantic doors to the Ogre God's private quarters, I knock. There's a muffled "Come in," from a man's voice. I open the door to see the Ogre God and Mistress Aoi having an evening cup of tea. Ogre God sets his cup of tea down and finally looks at me. His eyes widen for a second before settling again. "Your time isn't up yet, Y/N," he says like a know-it-all. "I know that, Ogre God," I say with a bow, and Tetsu follows suit.

"Then why are you here?" he asks with venom in his voice, giving me a firey glare. "Because I have come to ask for a favor, your highness," I respond firmly. "And what is this favor?" he questions, picking up his cup and taking a sip of his tea. I clear my throat and gather my courage. "I would like to remain in the Hidden Realm for the rest of my time serving this master. His family died and he has no stable way of supporting himself," I speak urgently.

Mistress Aoi takes a turn to speak. "Dear, don't you think that this would be alright?" she asks, siding with me. He looks at her questionably. "This cat's punishment was to remain in the Human Realm until her debt was payed off. Not to bring her master back here to live a more comfortable life," Ogre God says sternly. Aoi gives him a hysterical look. "Then you're a hypocrite," she states.

He looks up at her in shock. "Wh-what?" he asks. "You brought me here to live as your wife; essentially to have a more comfortable life," she points out. "But this bakeneko's situation is way different. She owes me more than your grandfather did!" he exclaims. "That still makes you a hypocrite and inconsiderate of the human she's serving," Aoi says crossing her arms.

Ogre God gives Mistress Aoi a look of defeat. "You won't change your mind will you?" he asks her. "Nope. I'm siding completely with Y/N-san," Mistress Aoi states. Ogre God sighs loudly. "Fine, but you need to find your own house to stay in," he says. I look at him astonished. "Actually Ogre God, I was hoping to work here for you," I ask. He glares at me.

"I want Tetsurou to remain safe, I know that the employees here at Tenjinya are more accepting than anybody else in the Hidden Realm. Please," I beg falling to the floor to bow. He looks at me with a distasteful frown but Aoi puts her hand over his to persuade him. "Fine! No slacking off or I'm sending you both right back to the Human Realm," he threatens. "Thank you!" I shout, immediately getting up to hug Tetsu.

"Young man, may I ask about you?" Aoi politely asks. "Y-yes. I'm Kuroo Tetsurou. Eighteen years old with a deceased younger sister and mother. I do not know my father's whereabouts but I don't particularly care about it," Tetsu informs her. "I can tell you've had a difficult life. I hope that the Hidden Realm offers you peace and security," Mistress Aoi wishes happily for us.

"Thank you Mistress Aoi, Ogre God," I thank, bowing at the waist and Tetsu bows with me. We leave their room and start heading to the employee's living spaces. "I thought that the Ogre God was gonna kill me," I tell Tetsu with a huge deep breath. "Well I'm glad he didn't," he replies. "Yeah, me too," I say and we proceed to find a living space for the two of us.