"Are you sure you're o-" Taehyung says again, watching this dumpster fire unfold

"I'm fine! HAHA this is fine! I'm good! Too strong to be hurt HA." Jeongguk grits his teeth and forces the words out, hoping he didn't ruin his image too poorly.

"Anyway, what did you want Taetae?" Jeongguk asks and then immediately cringes at the nickname he used to use for the shorter when they were children.

Tae doesn't seem phased by the nickname and begins talking, "Well you see I'm in PE this year and we have to fill out this mandatory, football-winning team paper thingy-"

"Roster."

"Yeah, that. Anyway, I have no clue about sports. And it's a huge part of our grade and so I thought maybe you could help me?" Taehyung finishes, fumbling slightly with his fingers and staring Jeongguk directly in the eyes, though the taller kept trying to avoid direct eye contact.

Jeongguk removes his fingers from his nose and place a tissue below his nostrils before turning back to the boy speaking.

"So you want me to do your gym homework for you?" He teases the pink-haired boy, trying hard not to think about how absolutely adorable he looked.

"N-no! I was just wondering if you could help me.... and I'd pay you." He bribes the ravenette who scoffs.

"Do I really look like a man who can be bought?!" He feigns offense and dramatically places a hand on his forehead, Taehyung looks unamused if not worried.

"Please Ggukie, I really need this grade." Taehyung whine, unaware of the effect the childhood nickname has on his former friend.

Jeongguk coughs forcefully and slaps his hands together and places them in front of himself, conveniently over his crotch. "Well... maybe I could help. But I don't want your money okay?" He says finally.

Tae's face lights up and his signature boxy smile shines beautifully, Jeongguk feeling like he should have sunglasses to look at the boy.

"Thanks Gguk!" Tae nearly shouts in relief.

Jeongguk laughs and then puts a hand up, palm facing Tae. "I'm not just going to do it for you though okay? I'll teach you about football and different teams so you can fill it out yourself." He explains and Taehyung's joyous expression drops.

"B-but."

"Ah ah, no buts babe." Jeongguk silences him, blushing once he realizes he used the endearment, but he doesn't acknowledge it and pretends it didn't happen.

"You'll come to all my football games and then after school, I can tutor you on football," Jeongguk says, finalizing his plan.

"I don't need a tutor," Taehyung says firmly but retracts his statement once Jeongguk raises an eyebrow at this.

"Fine." Tae agrees with a huff.

"Great!" Jeongguk smiles, bunny teeth on full display, causing Tae to blush ever-so-slightly and smile back.

"We can start tomorrow!" Jeongguk speaks quickly, packing up the rest of his gear and slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"Why not tonight? I mean it'd be better to get a head start right?" Taehyung offers, cheeks still burning a tad. Unadmittingly wanting to spend more time with his old friend.

Jeongguk and Taehyung had been as close as friends could be from kindergarten to elementary, but once they hit middle school Jeongguk went the sports route and Tae stuck to his studies. They ran in different crowds and naturally grew far apart.

Jeongguk looks Taehyung up and down, silently hoping Tae had said this as an offer to hang out more offer but sighs sadly, "Sorry Tae, there's a sick party happening at Joon's tonight and I promised I'd go."