Chapter 12

Noah shifted to his side and stared at me, it was still dark out and neither one of us had been able to fall asleep yet.

I stared back into his pale blue eyes. "Tell me more about your mother." I suddenly said.

His face changed and he sighed, "She was such a beautiful soul, I was four when she was murdered."

"Murdered?" I said sitting up.

He sat up as well, "Yes, she was murdered. I never really understood why she was so kind and caring, I will always remember her, especially her beautiful fiery red hair. It's forever burned into my memory."

Red hair?

"Wait a minute..." I could feel my heart beating hard against my chest as I looked at Noah,

No, It couldn't be.

"What is your mother's name?" I asked nervously.

"Natalia." He said confused.

I felt as if my heart has just been ripped out of my chest, it couldn't be possible. I rose to my feet and exited the tent, suddenly feeling too hot to be in the cramped space.

"What is it, Alexis?" Noah said as he followed out after me.

"This can't be...Noah, I'm sorry." I said as I turned to him.

"Sorry for what?" He asked still confused.

I shook my head back and forth, how could he possibly not know? "Your mother...was killed by my mother," I stated.

His face changed to an unreadable expression. "What?!"

"I know it sounds crazy but it's true-"

"You're telling me that your mother is the reason I grew up without one?" He spat.

I pulled at my hair not knowing what to do. "Your mother wasn't exactly good, Hell, she even kidnapped me when I was only three, she tried to kill my mother and father countless amounts of times," I said.

He shook his head. "Bullshit, she would never!" He began to storm off.

"Where are you going?!" I yelled.

But, he didn't respond. I felt dizzy as I headed back to the tent and sat in it alone. I should've kept my big mouth shut, I should've never told him. He would have been better off without knowing but I just couldn't lie to his face. Only if I would've known sooner.

Noah's Flashback (Age:4)

Mommy sat in the chair while she brushed her hair. I loved her hair, it was so pretty.

"Where you go mommy?" I asked as I sat and watched her.

She turned and smiled at me, her smile was pretty too.

"Mommy has to do something very important, but I will be back soon." She said as she rubbed my head.

I smiled at her but my smile dropped when she reached for the gun. She only used it for bad people she says, and that I am never allowed to touch it.

"You promise?" I asked while eyeing her face.

She bent down and kissed my forehead gently "I promise baby."

End of flashback

Noah's POV

I felt as if I'd just been punched in the stomach as I walked away from the tent. I felt so stupid how could I not have known that Amalia Ricci was responsible for my mother's death? No wonder there had been a feud going on between the two families.

She took my mother away from me.

I grew up wondering why my mother had broken her promise to me. She promised me that she would return to me but she didn't. On the day of her funeral I couldn't stop crying I didn't understand what was happening but I knew she was never coming back.

I was left without a mother and with an empty heart.

Short chapter I know, but I hoped you guys enjoyed it, Now that I'm feeling better I will be updating a lot more. Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow. Until next time my lovelies.