Chapter 2

"Donald, you should probably get some rest..." Scrooge told his nephew worriedly.

Donald just turned to him and gave him a stare that said enough.

Earlier that day is when it happened... When Della and one of the triplets had gotten lost in space. Once Donald had heard about this and after he had had his moments of grief, he started frantically searching everywhere for the third egg. He was hoping that the egg had just fallen out of the carriage or something and that he could find it! But deep down, Donald knew that the triplet wasn't there and that they had lost him too, especially as it got later and later into the night and he had found nothing.

Scrooge sighed. "I know this is hard, I'm struggling with this too, trust me... But, it's late, you really need to-"

"I'M NOT GIVING UP!" Donald interrupted.

"You're not giving up if you just get some rest! You've been searching all day and I can tell that you're exhausted! You'll be able to search better if you recharge!" Scrooge responded.

"Uncle Scrooge! I am not going to give up hope like you have!" Donald yelled.

"I haven't given up hope! I'm going to send up teams of rockets to search as much of space as I can! I've already discussed the plans for it today! You can keep searching tomorrow! Della would want you to take care of yourself instead of hurting yourself for her and her son's sake!" Scrooge responded.

Donald thought about that for a second. "Fine. I'll get some rest. But tomorrow, after I finish my search, I am taking the other two eggs back to my boat! I don't want them growing up with someone who built a rocket that killed their mother behind my back!"

With that, Donald walked angrily out of the room.

"So be it..." Scrooge whispered to himself as he was left in the room alone.