When winter came {Fluff//Angst}

Snufkin felt a pit bury itself into his stomach. Him and Moomin were cuddling together in his tent.

It was getting pretty chilly out. The leaves had all fallen off of trees around and you could no longer wear short sleeves without getting cold.

Snufkin felt Moomin's calm breathing raising and falling with his body, he couldn't help but squeeze Moomin a little in the hug. He was worried. He hadn't thought about it cause he had been so happy being with Moomin.

But winter was drawing closer. And with winter meant Snufkin leaving. He knew he had to, he couldn't stay in Moominvalley forever.

Just the thought of it made him feel anxious. He knew he was going to have to leave soon, seeing as fall was coming closer to the end. Although it honestly made him kinda upset thinking about leaving Moomin for winter again.

"Snuf... are you ok?" Moomin asked quietly, his voice soft as he was still tired. Snufkin realized he was squeezing Moomin and let up on the grip. "Oh, sorry." Snufkin apologized, looking away slightly as Moomin looked up at him.

"Whats wrong?" Moomin asked, worried. Snufkin shook his head and smiled. "Nothing. This is perfect." He answered back, closing his eyes and talking sweetly. Moomins eyes softened and his eyebrows turned up in the inner corners, his paws moving up to hold either side of Snufkin's face.

Snufkin blushed, leaning into the others touch. "You know you can tell me what's wrong right, Snuf?" Moomin said softly, rubbing his thumbs on Snufkin's cheeks. "I know, dove." Snufkin answered back, bringing his hand up to cup Moomin's paw.

Moomin smiled and kissed Snufkin the way moomins did, by putting his nose onto Snufkin's. Snufkin smiled and kissed Moomins nose, before he buried his head in next to Moomins.

Moomin hugged Snufkin closely, and the blue eyed boy fell asleep quickly. Snufkin looked at the boy he loved, letting his thoughts take over.

He loved Moomin. And that scared him. He didn't know why he had dug himself into this hole, he was worried that Moomin would get more upset than normal when Snufkin had to leave for his travels.

.  .  .

Moomin stared at Snufkin, while the orange-brown haired boy played with the straps of his bag. Moomin nodded, clearing his throat before deciding to actually speak up. "So I'll see you next spring." Moomin spoke up, his voice shaky while his eyes seemed to tear up a little bit.

Snufkin just nodded, not knowing what to say. It was silent for a good minute before Moomin finally broke down.

He started crying, wiping tears as they came out and he felt bad for it. He didn't wanna cry cause he didn't want Snufkin to feel bad in anyway. But it was hard to watch Snufkin to leave every winter, with a promise Moomin would never know was kept up until it'd be too late.

Snufkin frowned upset, opening his arms which instantly was taken up by Moomin, trapping them both into a hug. "I promise I'll be back as soon as you know it. I'll be here the first day of spring." Snufkin promised, rubbing Moomin's back softly.

Moomin laid his head on Snuf's shoulder, crying silently onto the green boy. "Swear?" Moomin asked softly, shivering slightly at the breeze on him. "I swear." Snufkin answered, loosening his grip on the hug.

It took a minute but Moomin finally pulled away on the hug. His eyes red and puffy but tears weren't coming out anymore. Snufkin kissed Moomin, the other blushing madly at the show of affection he didn't know he lived so much till he met the mumrik.

"I'll see you next spring, Dove." Snufkin said sweetly and Moomin nodded. He watched as Snufkin walked away, staying where he stood until he was completely out of sight. And as soon as he knew Snufkin was out of sight, he broke down again, tears rolling down his face quickly as his body shook with his unstable breaths.

"Fuck.." Moomin breathed out harshly, trying to calm his heart. It took a long a long while for Moomin to move from where he stood, but when he did he made his way to Moominhouse.