Chapter 5

This is my fifth chapter! I hope you like the story so far...

Cinder was sitting on an extravagant sofa. They were all facing each other and staring in each other's eyes. After the press conference, Kai had dragged CInder into a humongous hall and Torin, Iko, and several guards had followed them inside. Cinder was sitting on a sofa with Iko beside her and was facing Kai and Torin who were sitting directly in front of them. On the opposite end of the hall, there was a huge table with several chairs. Everyone was sitting in silence, until Cinder broke the silence, "Ok, that was bad."

"I know right it was formidable," Iko said sarcastically.

Torin rubbed his chin. "I didn't know that androids could be sarcastic."

"It's just Iko, she's been practicing her sarcasm."

Cinder threw a glance at Kai who was sitting there quietly. He kept his head down and was in deep thought until Cinder interfered with his fancies, "Your majesty, are you going to say anything?"

Kai rose his head and looked towards Cinder, "hmmm." he said rubbing his chin. "That didn't go as I expected."

"They hate me. I told you this was going to happen." grimaced Cinder. "Did you even hear what they said at the end. Even in Luna, none of the protestors have said stuff like that about lunars."

"Everything was fine until that last question. They were actually starting to believe you and some of them started to admire your sense of humor," said Kai. "Maybe you shouldn't have said those words."

"Really, what was I suppose to do lie," said Cinder wryly. "All I did was tell the truth. How could you blame me for that?"

"You're right I should blame myself for the conference. I thought it would do good for the Commonwealth to know you but I was wrong."

"It's not your fault Kai, these people were here to protest. They hate me no matter what. Whatever I do people are still going to despise me. It's better to get over this. I don't really care either. We're here for the ball and we'll be leaving for Luna shortly after." Cinder looked away as she said those last words.

Kai got up and walked towards Cinder. He offered a hand and Cinder took it. She looked back at Iko who gave her a small nod. Kai led her out of the hall and into the palace gardens.

~~~

Cinder exited the palace and felt the cool breeze rushed up to her spine. Kai had taken her outside into the gardens. They were surrounded by greenery and two guards were situated on the left. Kai gestured the guards to go leaving them alone. The white moon was shining in the night sky as the clouds were slowly making their way to the side clearing the sky. Cinder followed Kai to a bench on one side of the garden and Kai motioned her to sit.

"Do you know why I brought you outside here?" asked Kai.

"To fix and android." mocked Cinder. "Of course I don't know! It's not like you told me," she yelled. Cinder coughed embarrassingly, "Sorry that was rude."

"No, it's alright you have the right to be mad," replied Kai.

"Sorry will you tell me now."

"Right, I thought you needed some fresh air-"

"-and"

"I wanted to talk to you"

Cinder replied, "Oh."

Cinder stared at the beautiful moon in the dark night sky. It made her think of her actual home, where she belonged to, Luna.

"What are you looking at," asked Kai.

"I was looking at Luna."

"Oh, you're probably in a hurry to go back after all this."

"No," Cinder interrupted. "I like it here, it makes me feel like myself instead of some vicious queen ruling a rock in the sky."

"You're an awesome queen. I'm sure the people of Luna love you and soon the people of Earth will too."

"We'll see about that."

"You really don't see yourself clearly. You don't know who you truly are. As rulers, we have to deal with people. As much as we try there will always remain some rebels, and there is nothing that can be done about that."

"I know," Cinder groaned.

"You know what, I have a plan."

"What"

"Give me the honor of treating you to lunch tomorrow."

"Seriously!" Cinder stared at him teasingly.

"Remember that day in the market, when I came to give you those gloves and asked to treat you to lunch and you refused."

"Yes, but-"

"Just considered this me making up for that day. Also, there is something that I want to show you in the market."

"Okay, what though."

"That is a surprise," Kai said as he reached his hands to her face and kissed her.

~book_x_nerd