❦ Chapter Thirteen ❦

Start from the beginning

I thought about it for a second. "Derek said the Kanima couldn't be poisoned by its own venom.." Then it clicked. "When is the Kanima not the Kanima?"

Scott stared at me with his wide brown puppy-dog eyes. "When it's Jackson."

I leaned my forehead against the brick wall of the club, while Scott went back to staring at the entrance. For what reason, I had no idea. I completely doubted that the Kanima, sorry, Jackson, would just stroll through the front doors with his scaly green skin on show and claws out. I closed my eyes and let myself drift off for a moment. I was exhausted, especially from the fight with Isaac.

While my mind was at ease, I couldn't help but let my mind drift to Stiles embracing me earlier. It was so warm, so comforting. It felt.. right. I opened my eyes and glanced over at Stiles, who was backing from the building whiling gazing up at something on the roof. A blush bloomed on my cheeks as I realized how attractive Stiles actually was.

"Uh, guys." Stiles anxious voice broke me out of my trance. He was still staring up at the roof. I pushed myself off the wall and joined him just to see Jackson's Kanima tail go into an open window. "Did you see that?"

Scott and I nodded together. "He went inside," Scott stated.

I looked over at the boys, confusion written all over my face."What's he gonna do in there?"

"I know who he's after," Scott rushed out.

My eyebrows were raised, and so were Stiles'. "Who?"

"Armani."

What now?

When I found out it was Danny who Jackson was after, I internally freaked. Danny was awesome. I met him after one of the Lacrosse practices, and he was just the nicest person ever. If Jackson decides to touch one hair on his Armani head, his scaly ball sack would disappear. I learned that Armani was the aftershave Danny wore. I think I had smelt it on him the other day at school during lunch, and it was very nice.

Stiles, Scott and I finally found the back entrance to the club, but it was locked. And Stiles didn't seem to understand that as he continuously wriggled the locked doorknob. I slapped his hands away.

"Stiles, it ain't gonna open. No matter how hard you try." I stated giving him a pat on the shoulder.

He sighed and began scanning the building. "Alright, maybe there's like, a window we could climb through or some kind-"

"Of handle we can rip off with supernatural strength." I suggested with an impressed look as Scott passed the door handle to Stiles, and entered the club.

Stiles stared at the handle in his fingers. "There's that too. How did I not think of that?" He muttered to himself following me into the club.

Seconds after entering the club, the first thing I noticed was that I had lost sight of Scott and Stiles wasn't behind me anymore. The second thing I had noticed, was that every person in here was some form of hot guys. A majority of them shirtless and noticeable hard abs on show, and I definitely did not mind. I scanned the room of hot and sweaty bodies, trying to catch the slightest sight of the two idiots I came here with. Yet when my eyes finally landed on someone familiar, it wasn't those two.

I made my way to Danny, who was leaning beside the bar staring moodily at an attractive older guy, who was also dancing with someone equally attractive. I then assumed that this was the bastard who broke Danny's heart, and I gave him a solid glare. With one last longing stare, Danny turned his back on the guy and faced the bartender. "You're better off without him," I spoke up taking a place beside him.

His eyebrows shot up as he turned to face me, and his mouth turned up into a grin. "Opal! What brings you to a gay club?"

I let out a laugh. "Didn't you know? I spend most of my nights here."