chap. 16 || stargaze

Start from the beginning

"Oh, is that so? Do you like stargazing?" He asked. You nodded a little. "Yeah, you can say that. Me and my dad used to go stargazing before going to sleep," you told the 3rd year beside you. Nobuyuki frowned a little when you said 'father.' He was thinking that your dad was probably away or something else that was sensitive, but he knew he had to think of something positive and not negative to avoid making you uncomfortable.

"You and your dad must be really close, huh?" He says in a kind tone. You nod. "Yeah, we were. He was also the one who taught me how to play piano! My dad was a very good pianist back in the days! And always wanted to see me play in stage one day but...that's not what I'm focusing on, right now..." you said, your voice getting softer and softer. Nobuyuki had a concerned look on his face when he recognized your expression. Sadness.

"Did...something happen?" He asks, calmly. You didn't answer, but only stayed silent. You can hear him sigh. "Sorry, I shouldn't had asked."

"Oh no, it's ok!" You cut him off, waving your hands in front of him to calm him down. You also let out a sigh. "It's because...he passed away when I was only 13."

"Ah...! I'm sorry! This might've been a very sensitive topic for you...!" Nobuyuki says, sweat already forming out of his forehead. You answered back, "No, no, no! It's ok, Senpai! I'm fine with it! I mean, my friend even forced me to tell her about my past-

"Wait...your friend...forced you?" Nobuyuki immediately questioned. Your voice stopped rambling right there. Guess you were talking too much that you didn't realize what you were saying at all. "Well...I don't mean as in that force, but...you can say she was only curious...we were friends since middle school."

"Oh I see. I don't wanna be rude to your friend, but she shouldn't really push you to tell her about your past. That's just very mean. It could make some people uncomfortable when someone did that to them. Even me," Nobuyuki says in a serious tone, which was very rare coming from him since Nobuyuki was a very gentle faced individual to go with.

You winced a bit. But he was right. "Well, I cant say you're wrong..." you mumbled quietly enough for Nobuyuki to hear. He smiles. "You should be careful of who you're befriending, L/n. I can already tell you're a nice person."

You blushed when he said that. "N-Nice? N-No, I think you're thinking of the wrong thing about me, Senpai...! I'm not that nice, well- I mean- it depends but- oh crap, what am I supposed to say, again??"

Nobuyuki was only laughing at your nervous antics. Until...another voice popped out, "Ehem. Coach is calling you two."

The both of you froze and slowly turned around to see a certain Libero standing behind you two. "Oh, Yaku."

"Sorry for interrupting the little fun chat. But dinner time is over and the coach is calling you two," Yaku says in his natural tone. Though, he almost sounds a bit annoyed. "Oh, alright then. We should get going now or the coach will get mad," says Nobuyuki as he stood up from the grass. You stood up, too.

"Hurry up, we need to get some rest for tomorrow," Yaku says before walking away. Nobuyuki and you stared at him before you two exchanged glances. And then the both of you smiled at each other before following behind the Libero.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
6:27am

"I literally had a dream of Hanako-San coming inside our room, last night."

"Well no shit, Yukie, what if it wasn't a dream all along and you just straight up saw the spirit of that urban legend inside our room?"

Yachi was almost choking you on your toothbrush when Kaori said that.