This is my Aunt Kat.

Chapter 17

3rd person POV

"here." Damon said handing Caroline, who was sitting on the couch, a glass filled with blood. It was obvious that Damon was a lot nicer to Caroline lately because whether he knew it or not Madi was slowly bringing back his humanity, but that wasn't the only reason, after the Liz thing, it brought back memories of his and his fathers relationship.

"I'm still shaking." she told him taking the glass greatfully.

"what happened?" Stefan asked as he entered the room that Damon and Caroline where in.

"go ahead, tell him. You're gonna love this." Damon said.

"I saw Katherine today." she stated.

"where?" Stefan replied.

"at the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and quasi-stalk Matt."

"skip the teen drama. Get on with it." Damon told her.

"well I pretended to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus. And Elena came in and asked if I was okay because she saw the Matt thing just go down but I knew it wasn't Elena. It was Katherine so I played along and tried to vamp run outta there but she was infront of the door before I could get out. And she told me I had to deliver a message to you guys." Caroline explained.

"what was the message?" Stefan asked.

"to tell you and Damon that she wants the moonstone or she will rip the town apart until it rains blood." she replied.

"tell him the rest of it." Damon told her.

"she wants it tonight, at the masquerade ball."

"she wants to do it public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan stated.

"she's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate." Damon restated his brothers remark.

"we can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter then her." Stefan said countering Damon.

"can't we give just give he the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked.

"no. Katherine's not getting anything. She doesn't get to win this time. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the ball, and I'm gonna kill her. Tonight." Damon explained.

"you're not gonna kill her." Stefan stated.

"don't give me goody, goody crap." Damon told him.

"you're not gonna kill her." Stefan repeated.

"oh, really?" Damon asked.

"because I am." Stefan told him.

Madi's POV

We got to bring Jenna home the next day but her stitches were still fresh and she couldn't move much so me and Jeremy had to help her walk.

"easy. Grab the door Jer." I said as we bring her through the threshold of the house.

"okay, stop fussing. I'm fine." Jenna complained.

"the doctor said to take it easy." Elena told her.

"yeah you don't rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die, okay." Jer agreed.

"the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Jenna replied.

"no." I said trying to make her feel better.

"I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" Jenna asked.