Chapter 2

AN: I hope to write as often as I can but, school might space things out a bit.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters from Teen Wolf. All rights to their respected owners.

All I could do was watch. I watched as the sun set. I watched as Derek stood determined yet afraid. I could feel myself starting to get tired and every time I thought about dozing off I had to remind myself to stay awake, I needed to see Scott alive and well. It was getting hard though, each time it was harder to stay awake.

I was pulled out of thought when I heard footsteps and realized Derek wasn’t there anymore. Loud shots and low rumbling filled my ears. It was so frustrating only being able to hear the Berserker and not being able to help. I tried to move to get up but, any slight shift caused shooting pain in my abdomen. I was useless and Derek was going to die because of it.

I tried to look for Derek when I saw headlights coming towards me. Two, three maybe even four cars drove up and parked themselves in the dirt. Many Calaveras came piling out of the cars firing their guns as soon as they could. Derek, the Berserker and Kate came into view coming out from the side of the building. Derek came towards me as The Berserker and Kate ran to fight their new enemies. I locked eyes with Derek and my head fell a little. Derek grabbed my face when he got to me and evened it out to look at his.

“Stay with me”

“‘m trying,” I said my voice sounding scratchy.

He looked up at the fight raging behind me.

“Go,” I said.

“No I’m not leaving you”

“They need you. Just don’t die on me, okay?”

He looked at me his eyes wondering. Slowly he nodded. He leaned in and kissed me on the forehead.

“Don’t you die on me either,” and with that he got up and joined the battle leaving me alone in the dark of the night.

I don’t know how long I sat there. How long I listened to guns firing, people screaming and growling coming from behind me but, at some point it didn’t faze me anymore. I stared into the darkness, my eyelids heavy and thought of sleep. It would be peaceful I thought, I wouldn’t feel this constant pain coming from this wound. It would be nice. I turned my head as if to sleep for the last time when I saw Derek hit the ground. He was covered in blood, wounds covering him. I saw claw marks covering his abdomen, not sure if they were from the Berserker or Kate. It didn’t matter, anything that looked like that would kill a human. I wanted to go to him to be with him. I tried but, I couldn’t move. I watched as his head turned to me and he looked me in the eyes before his closed. I couldn’t tell if he was breathing. I couldn’t see him moving. I could feel a tear sliding down my cheek, sadness taking over. I guess Lydia was right.

Not many gun shots could be heard now. It sounded like Kate and the Berserker were winning. I couldn’t look at him anymore so I turned my head and stared and the stars above me. They were beautiful. Some bigger than others, shining brighter than others. Stars are a nice thing to drift to, I thought.

Then I heard it. The unmistakable howl of a wolf. I tried to look but, I couldn’t see it. What I saw wasn’t something there but, something missing. Derek was gone. It growled and who I think is Kate screamed in pain. I could hear the dirt moving.

“You, you were dead,” Kate said.

Then Derek’s voice filled my ears.

“No, I was evolving. Something you’ll never do.”

Soon after I heard the sound of cracking and then I heard bones clanking as they fell to the ground. One shot was fired and I heard someone fall.

“Chris,” Kate said and I heard her run away.

Derek came towards me and he kneeled down right next to me. I couldn’t help but notice that he was naked.

“Good job,” I whispered, the dumbest thing I could have said.

He smiled a little and replied.

“Thanks.”

He turned around and yelled.

“Scott!”

I heard running and Scott came into view.

“Hey, hey,” he said gently pressing his hand to my wound.

I could see black veins running his arm and realized he was taking my pain.

“Don’t,” I said trying to remove his hand.

“Okay, you’re going to be okay,” he said sounding more like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

“We need to get him to a hospital! Where’s the nearest hospital?”

“Not far after you get into town,” I heard someone reply.

“I’ll drive,” Derek said.

He got up and walked towards the car. Scott picked me up like a bride to carry me to the car. I lost consciousness to the swaying feeling of being carried while staring at the still shining stars above me.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

AN: I hope you enjoyed. Please comment what you think. Next chapter may or may not have the POV of someone else, I don’t know yet.