Chapter 1

AN: This is my first fanfic. I hope you like it.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from Teen Wolf. All rights to their respected owners.

______________________________________________________________________________

Braedon had just stopped the car. I sat for a moment preparing myself for what was to come. I glanced at Derek who was sitting so close I could feel the heat radiating off him. I remember, in that moment when I thought Liam was going to kill Derek, the panic I felt. It was like I had had my heart ripped out of me but, I pulled it back in and saved us both.

I decided it was time to get up and save my friends. I opened the door to get out but, instantly I was lifted and thrown to the ground. The impact of the ground made my back scream in agony. Suddenly I was grabbed again and pinned against some of what I assumed were rocks. I did everything I could get away from what I could now see was a Berserker but, it was no use. I watched as the Berserker thrusted its arm downwards and felt the sharp bone pierce my abdomen. I screamed in pain and watched the Berserker ready itself to finish me off when I heard shots being fired. The Berserker was backing away from me and Derek came into view shooting rapidly at it. The Berserker ran away and then reality set in. My hand went down to where it had stabbed me. Blood. So much blood. Derek ran to me with a promenade look of concern covering his face. He crouched down next to me and looked me in the eye.

“I’ll be fine,” I said trying to produce a smile to lessen his worry.

He didn’t say anything but, he shook his head and looked down at my wound. I saw Malia running towards me screaming my name. She sat down in front of me and grabbed my face. I could see the tears pooling in her eyes.

“You have to go. You have to save them,” I said.

“No I’m not leaving you.”

“Please, please save him.”

She didn’t look like she was going to leave. I knew that if they were going to save Scott and Kira they were going to need Malia.

“I need you to go with them and save Scott. I need to know that he’ll be okay.”

She looked at me and nodded. She leaned in and kissed me softly on the forehead. She got up, a single tear escaping her eye. She turned her back and ran into the church and all of them except Braedon followed.

“Go with them,” Derek said.

“Not without you,” Braedon said taking a step closer.

Derek stood up and walked to where Braedon was. He grabbed her hands, pulled her close and kissed her.

“I’m staying here with Stiles. I want you to go with them. You have to make sure no one else dies.”

I could tell they were having a moment of silent exchange. Finally Braedon removed herself from Derek’s grip and spoke.

“Be careful in there,” Derek said softly.

“Be careful out here,” Braedon replied.

She grabbed her gun from the truck and ran to follow the others.

Derek grabbed two guns from the truck then sat back down next to me.

“You think if I give you one you’ll be able to pull the trigger before someone else attacks you?”

I nodded and he placed the gun in my hand.

“I’m going to go keep watch,” he said standing up again.

He walked over to a ledge on the corner of a destroyed building. He perched there looking around the corner every thirty seconds or so to make sure nothing was coming. Eventually he looked at me with a sad look of despair in his eyes. Neither of us said anything but, the communication was clear.

At least one or both of us were going to die tonight.

AN: Thanks for reading.