Part 2 Chapter 6b

Start from the beginning

"Both of you need to go now!" The worker demanded. "And neither of you can come back!"

Montgomery scoffed. "You think I give a fuck?" he shouted in the worker's face.

"Stop it!" Ophelia pleaded. She hated the fact that she was causing so much trouble for so many people. She looked to the worker, "We'll leave."

The worker looked scared. She slowly started inching towards the front counter, and Ophelia knew she was probably going to call the police. Ophelia wanted to get out of there before that happened.

Montgomery spat on the ground just in front of the worker. She stepped back, gasping.

"Monty-"

"You know what, fuck you, Ophelia. And fuck Dempsey. You better hope I'm in a better fucking mood next time I see him," Montgomery threatened.

"That's it, I'm calling the cops!" The worker hurried to their phone on the counter.

"Call the cops!" Montgomery yelled. He picked the chair up off the ground, and suddenly threw it as hard as he could against the wall. People inside the shop screamed.

Montgomery then picked up another one, and threw it also. "Call the fucking cops and see if I give a fuck!"

Ophelia stumbled back so quickly she almost fell. She wasn't going to try to save him from getting in trouble this time. She didn't care if the cops came for him, she was getting out.

Ophelia found the door, and ran out, running all the way to her car. She hit the gas and sped the entire way home, as thought every inch of the way Montgomery was still right behind her.

*****

"Hey, Bryce, come here."

Bryce was confused as Montgomery pulled him to the side in the locker room. He pulled him to a further back, more secluded corner.

Bryce looked around, confused. He wondered if this had anything to do with the fact that Justin Foley showed up at lunch that day. "What's up?"

Montgomery was nervous. He peeked around the corner a few times to make sure everyone was well or of heading range. "Listen, Ophelia told me someone a few hours ago, at lunch."

Bryce chuckled, now assuming Montgomery was just going to gossip. "God, how that girl likes to talk. What, did she say she'll fuck you on the down low or something? Your nagging finally get to her?"

Montgomery didn't laugh, which made Bryce even more worried.

Bryce asked, "What is it, for real?"

Montgomery looked around one more time to make sure no one else was listening. "Ophelia told me that Hannah made these, like, tapes before she died. Tapes where she talked about all the shit that happened to her. Shit that me and you both did too."

Bryce swooped around, making sure for himself no one would hear. The last thing he expected to come out of Montgomery's mouth was new about those fucking cassette tapes. "Fuck. She told you about them?"

Montgomery scoffed, suddenly betrayed that Bryce seemed to already know what he was talking about. "You mean you fucking knew about them?"

Bryce ran a hand through his hair, nervous. "I knew of them. I know who's on them. I haven't listened to them. They've been passed around, and I was supposed to get them after Clay. But of course Clay heard them and went fucking nuts."

"So you didn't hear them yourself?" Montgomery asked. "Because Ophelia told me the shit on them, and it's fucked."

"You don't have to worry about it," Bryce told him. "I know you're worried about me and shit, but you're not on them."