"Unfortunately, you won't know which princes will be there until the day of, but I hope that motivates all of you to prepare diligently." Nara finished. She looked at Heeyoung who proceeded to take their attention.

"Thank you, your highness. Boys, you now have a brief break before your etiquette lesson which will begin in ten minutes." Heeyoung told them. As soon as they boys were dismissed, they quickly got up and out of their seats, stretching or making their way to the bathroom.

Nara noticed Jaemin approaching her, a wide smirk on his face.

"What do you want?" Nara asked, careful to make sure Heeyoung couldn't hear her voice, knowing that she would get scolded if she did. Thankfully, Heeyoung was busy organizing the papers on her desk.

"So you know the part where we won't know which princes will be there this Friday." Jaemin said.

"Yeah, what about it?" Nara asked.

"Well, let's just say one of the princes couldn't stay quiet." Jaemin told her.

"Of course Cai would tell you." Nara said, rolling her eyes. Jaemin chuckled at her reaction.

"I also may have accidentally told Jeno." Jaemin added. Nara narrowed her eyes at him.

"Thanks for keeping a secret." Nara told him. Jaemin simply shrugged.

"Whoops, my bad." Jaemin said, giving her one last grin before returning to his seat by Jeno. Nara sighed as she followed him.

"Jeno, do you have any plans tonight?" Nara asked the boy as he looked up at her.

"Of course not." Jeno replied with a smile. "Same place same time?" He asked. Nara shook her head.

"Different time, different place." Nara told him. She passed him the small note in her hands, giving him a smile in return before walking out of the room.

...

"Well, this is different." Jeno said as he arrived at the location Nara had told him to go to. She had arranged a small picnic which watching the sunset. A basket was in the middle of the checkered blanket Nara was sitting on. Nara herself was wearing a yellow sundress, her hair flowing in brown waves across her back.

Jeno himself was wearing a simple white button up t-shirt with a tiger on the breast pocket

Jeno himself was wearing a simple white button up t-shirt with a tiger on the breast pocket. Nara smiled as she patted the empty space beside her, which Jeno gladly occupied.

"As much as I like the palace, it's nice to get some fresh air sometimes." Nara said, motioning to the basket. Jeno took it in his hands, opening it to peer at its contents, red wine and chocolate covered strawberries.

Nara watched as Jeno took the bowl of strawberries out, along with the two wine glasses. He carefully eyed the bottle, reading the label before opening it, pouring the liquid into each of their glasses.

"Cheers, princess." Jeno said, lifting his glass. Nara smiled as she clinked her glass with his before they each took a sip.

Nara leaned back as she watched the sky change colours, but she could tell that Jeno was staring at her. "Is something on my face?" Nara asked, turning to him. Jeno's ears turned red as he shook his head.

"No." Jeno said, smiling as he took another sip of wine. Nara found that hard to believe but she ignored it, deciding to reach for a strawberry from the bowl in front of Jeno instead. Just as her hand was about to pick one up, Jeno took the bowl, placing it on the other side of him.

"Hey!" Nara called out, crossing her arms but Jeno only chuckled at her.

"You seem stressed." Jeno pointed out. Nara shrugged her shoulders.

"I mean, planning a huge party for six princes isn't an easy feat." Nara replied, eyeing the strawberries.

"Let's play a game then." Jeno said, a mischievous grin on his face. Nara moved her eyes from the strawberries to the boy.

"What game?" Nara asked him.

"Try to get a strawberry." Jeno said, picking up the bowl and putting it in front of her.

"What happens if I get one?" Nara asked him.

"You get to eat them." Jeno told her.

"And if I don't?"

"Then I guess I'll finish them all by myself." Jeno said, giving her a smile. Nara narrowed her eyes before reaching out to get one, but Jeno was faster, moving it away.

Nara continued reaching for them, but Jeno had good reflexes, always pulling the bowl away at the last second.

"Come. On." Nara said, gritting her teeth. Jeno laughed as he held the bowl behind him and Nara took the opportunity to lurch forward, attacking both sides of his body. Jeno moved back, making Nara lose balance as she ended up falling on top of him, her hands on either side of his head. Jeno's back laid flat against the blanket, one hand around her waist with the other holding the bowl up so that the strawberries wouldn't fall. Their faces were only inches apart, their noses almost touching.

Nara's eyes widened as she stared at the boy in front of her, realizing what had happened. Jeno was staring back at her, his eyes equally as wide. For a second, Nara wanted to close the distance between them two, but her brain was telling her not to, that it was still too soon and she barely knew him.

Jeno bit his lower lip as he blinked a few times, taking in the girl in front of him.

"Um, I guess I'll let you have a strawberry now." Jeno said. Nara immediately pushed herself away of him, looking away in embarassment.

"Thanks." Nara muttered as she quickly took a strawberry, preoccupying herself with the dessert so that she could hide her pink cheeks.

———————————————————————————

:)