The team ran out onto the deck. They reached the temple of fire. All around the temple, some lava was already flowing out of the volcano.

"The fire temple." Cole stated.
"The volcano seems to be on the verge of eruption guys." Nya announced over the falcon's radio.
"All recent indicators tell me that this place is becoming increasingly fragile. Even the smallest rupture can make the whole think go off."

"Then we must not use our weapons." Sensei stated. Cole, Jay, Zane and Morro tucked their weapons away.
Kai gripped his sword firmly.

"Kai....?" Nya said.
"Ah, yeah, yeah. No fire sword. But only because I don't want anything to prevent us from getting that fangblade." Kai said.
"Or my son." Garmadon added.

"There." Sensei pointed to an opening that lead inside the temple.
"The serpentine must be inside the inner core. From here on out, we travel by shadows." Sensei said s the others swiftly moved in.
"Its the only way I know how." Garmadom said.

The gang ran deeper into the opening and reached the inner core of the fire temple. The volcano itself. There, they saw a bunch of serpentine on scattered platforms striking out from the lava, and a single serpentine  digging.

"There's Lloyd!" Jay pointed out.
Lloyd was still in the cage, gripping the bars.
"Ah! Son!" Garmadon exclaimed.
Lloyd bit his lip as he shook is head.

Soon they herd a metal clang.
"Ah! Out of my way fool!" Pythor hit the serpentine digging away.

The ninja slowly descended the walls.

Pythor pulled a red glowing fangblade out of the ground.
"The third fangblade is ours!" Pythor announced.

The ninja were carefully advancing, making sure not to be seen. Soon they reached he platforms near the bottom. Pyhtor held the fangblade up to eye level. In the reflection, the saw the ninja sneaking up on them.

"Ninja? Attack!!!" Pythor commanded.

"Light as a leaf! Attack like there is no tomorrow!" Sensei Wu shouted.
Multiple serpentine gathered on the bridge to take on Sensei Wu. Being skilled as he is, Wu defeated them easily.

The other ninja ran in different directions. Cole ran at the serpentine blocking his path and easily knocked them down.

Jay and Morro were on a separate platform as they knocked down their opponents. Lava shot up from the bottom blocking their path.

"Wind!" Morro called as the sent a gust of wind to separate a path. The two jumped through and landed on a different platform.

"Jay! You're up!" Morro called as he took out his glider to fly up.
"Got it! Lightning!!" Jay ignited his hands with electricity to shock all the serpentine around him, then Morro landed safely on the ground.

Zane hit two serpentine sneaking up behind him.
"Ice!" Zane created a pathway if ice to cross from one platform to another.

Kai was being surround. He reached for his sword but withdrawed. Kai looked down. This time, he drew his sword for real and the lava began to rise higher. Kai knocked down his surrounding opponents.

"Kai! The weapons is compromising our safety!" Nya said over the speaker.
"I will do what I must!" Kai responded.

"Let's get out if here! But not before we leave them with a parting gift! Boys?!" Pythor shouted.

A few constictai dug into the ground and came out letting the lava flow through and rise faster.

"Their making the volcano unstable!" Zane said.
"Any minute now, this place is gonna blow!" Jay said.
"We have to get out of here!" He yelled.
"Not without my son!" Garmadon said.
"Dad!!!" Lloyd yelled.