I subconsciously wrap my arms around her and her ragged breathing  settles down. I drop the test as I slowly drop to my knees with my eyeballs hot and my stomach clenching.

My heart shattered within itself. She couldn't be, this isn't the Billie I know. How could she do this, to us? "Ash?" She grabbed my face. She kissed my lips but I didn't kiss back, I didn't move a single inch.

"Please Ashlyn, say something. I'm begging you."

END OF FLASHBACK

Oh, I said something alright and I don't regret it even for a second. I look at Aminah who's on Maggie's lap giggling away.

I obviously stayed with Billie, it was not easy at all, from arguments to storming out and to crying. Billie kept her pregnancy a secret and didn't let the internet know until she actually gave birth.

"Ash, did you find anything?" Patrick asks me. "Uh y-yeah, I actually have to head back to the station." I tell him.

"We can look after Aminah if you'd like that." Maggie says. "Thank you, I'd like that." I say. I kiss Aminah on her forehead and I walk back into my car.

Tyler, I'm fucking coming for you.
___________________

"Detective. Judge Sammers gave us a search warrant for Billie's ex Jacob's home."

"I'm not too sure if Jacob is a lead anymore."

"What? Why not?"

"Tyler was at the O'Connell's today, same car, were you able to track it?"

"Yeah, Oregon."

"No, that's not possible, he was just at their place a few hours ago, Oregon is an 11 hour drive." I tell Conway.

"That's what it says."

"Conway, when was the tracker last updated?"

"Two years ago."

"Update that damn tracker and get me an accurate location. NOW!" He nods and mutters "Yes ma'am." before scurrying away.

Chief walks up to me and shakes his head. "You're giving people a hard time Carmicheal."

"No, people are just being dumb, you have Jacob's address?"

"Yes. Here it is, I'll be sending in some backup." I get into my cop car this time and I drive to this location.

*

I knock on the door of Jacob Whitmore. He opens it and I introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Detective Carmicheal of LAPD and we have a warrant to search your house." I tell him.

"Is there a problem?" He asks me. "Billie O'Connell has gone missing and you have a connection to her."

"And that is..?"

"Don't play dumb Jacob, you two used to date. I'll be coming in to search your house now." I tell him. I push past him and I look around. It's a pretty small house.

"It's just one story, you won't really find anything." Jacob told me and I rolled my eyes.

I send some men to search the rooms and I notice a sketchy wooden door. I go to open it but it's jammed, not even locked, but jammed.

"Jacob, what's this door?"

"I don't know, I've never been there." He shrugs. "You don't have a key?"

"No ma'am."

"Okay, then I'll open it for you." I suggest. "How? It's jammed and i haven't been able to open it."

"Easy, my foot." I smile and I lift up my leg and throw it against the door and it falls off of its hinges and slides down the stairs.

"How- how did you do that?"

"15 years of jiu jitsu. It pays off." I say and I walk down to worn down wooden steps and I stop my footing when I see it.

Piles of cash, bags of powder and a young gentleman. "Mr. Whitmore, what is this?" I ask Jacob and he shrugs. He is such a bad liar.

"This is illegal, you know that right?"

"I didn't think anyone would find out." He mutters.

I nod and I grab my walkie. "All teams come to Jacob Whitmore's address. Warrant is active. Possible 212." I say into it.

"Hands behind your head and turn around." I tell him. He clicks his tongue and obeys what I told him.

I grab his wrists cuffing him and I place him on the ground. I turn around to the gentleman and he looks like he doesn't know what to do.

"Sir, I'm gonna pat you down, but remove yourself from the substances." He nods and shaking walks to me. I proceed to pat him and I find bags of weeds and cash, a few guns and knives.

Conway comes down and arrests him also and leads both of them to the car. He comes back down afterwards.

"We have an accurate location of the car. It's still here in California."

"Is there an address?" I ask, he nods and shows me.

I see and my heart almost stops at it, that's-

That's my house.

A/n: I forgot to mention that this is a short story and will probably end at ten chapters but it will end on a good note, I promise!