Roommates | Matthew Gray Gubler

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Later that night, once Matt's friends, Ethan, Ryan, and Jake had arrived, in all their typical white male glory, I was in the kitchen fixing myself a plate when I overheard some shit.

It was Ethan's voice. "Dude, do you think Kels would go out with me?" I was mildly intrigued by his question. Ethan was like a cute puppy to me, but I never knew he was interested in me.

However, Matthew's response was the real shocking part in all this.

"Fuck no. She's mine."

My jaw dropped. If I had pearls I would be clutching them.

"Wtf kind of possessive shit is that bro? I didn't know it was like that."

"Fuck you," Matthew replied. I could hear a little amusement in his voice, but not much.

I decided to re-appear before a friendship was ruined.

"What are we watching?" I purposely sat down on the floor, far from both Matthew and Ethan. I looked at Matthew from across the room as he sipped his beer. There was no evidence in his facial expression that he has just claimed me as his girl. I folded my arms across my chest, narrowing my eyes at his act.

"There's a Heat game on," Matthew said, flipping through channels to find it. I sucked my teeth. "Who here actually wants to watch basketball?" I asked, looking around at the guys.

They looked over at me, confused. "That's what we came over here for?" Ethan said, through a mouthful of tacos.

"What-ev-errr," I sighed, pulling out my phone to scroll through Instagram.

I sat there for a little bit, listening to them talk shit, but what Matthew said was really getting to me. I had to mess with him a little.

"Ethan!" I yelled across the room. "Yes, Kels?" he replied, eyes still on the TV screen.

"My computer's been glitching all day? Could you look at it for me?" I asked sweetly.

He looked confused, shifting his eyes to Matthew. "Yes...?"

Matthew rolled his eyes. "Kels, I'll look at it later."

"I have work to do tonight, though," I insisted, "Ethan, can you just come up to my room to look at it? It'll only take a few minutes."

"Then it can wait until later, Kels," Matthew cut in, looking visibly irritated. Like a whole child, I put up my hand. "No. Come on, Ethan," I said, tucking my hand into his arm to coax him off the couch. Matthew gave him a look like y'all better sit down but neither one of us are his kids so we both headed to my room. I kept my hand tucked into his arm.

"You're just fucking with him, aren't you?" Ethan said, shaking his head and smiling at me as he sat down on my bed. "Yep," I bounced onto the bed beside him. " You are cute though," I smiled over at him. He blushed a little. "Flirt," he said, poking me in my side. "Get at me when you're done with Matt."

" I'm not doing anything with Matt. The man treats me like his sister, then his child, then his live-in girlfriend, and I am none of those things," I said.

He shrugged. " Whatever you say. But the shit you overheard earlier, he's been saying since y'all moved in, so it's only a matter of time."

"But we can speed things up a little bit," he slid up to the head of the bed and opened his arms for me to lean up against him. "With a little friendly cuddling." I obliged, leaning my head on his chest. "You smell good."

"Shut up," he said into my hair. It felt good to be close to Ethan. As a single woman, I don't get much physical touch. Aside from Ethan, a few friends, and my mom and dad, it made me a little sad sometimes. I opened my phone to show Ethan a few twitter videos, just to pass the time.