Chapter 6

A/N: This is Jenna's midsummers dress

We are helping Pope's dad in his shop.

"Don't let them get in your head bro. There's two of them and five of us. That's typical kook shit right there" JJ says.

"Hell yeah" Kie adds.

"What was your thought process when using your head to hit him?" JJ asks as we put some things away.

"I don't know man. I just kind of acted of instinct" Pope says "I was a cornered animal" he adds and I laugh.

"Ah yes Pope the dangerous jaguar who attacks his prey with algebra" I joke.

"Hey Jenna" Heyward says to me "I'm sorry to hear about your move. We're really gonna miss you and your aunt" he adds and my heart drops.

"What are you talking about?" JJ asks Heyward "Jenna and her aunt are moving to Arizona at the end of the summer. Didn't she tell you?" Heyward questions.

JJ looks at me "Jenna what the hell is he talking about?" JJ asks me "Um- I- uh"

"Hey Pope there is someone here to see you" his dad adds as Shoupe walks in.

"Jenna!" JJ yells at me "What the hell is he talking about?" JJ yells again and I don't know what to say.

"Evening officer" Pope greets "I have an arrest warrant for destruction of property" Shoupe says "What?!" Heyward asks.

"Jenna answer the damn question!" JJ yells at me "Yes JJ I'm moving! I'm sorry! I should've told you sooner. We can talk about this later,we have another problem on our hands!" I yell.

"Hands were I can see them" Shoupe tells Pope.

"Young lady get out of the way please" Shoupe says to Kie. "Shoupe what did he do?" Heyward asks.

"I'm sorry you're arresting him?" Kie asks "Take a look at the warrant" Shoupe tells us as he puts Pope in handcuffs.

"Be careful!" I yell.

We all start screaming at Shoupe to stop and to let Pope go.

Then we follow him outside continuing to yell at him.

"It wasn't him!" JJ yells right before they get in the car. "It was me!" He tried to talk me out of it but I was mad because he had just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from the figure eight that I lost my shit" he says walking towards Shoupe.

JJ looks at Pope "I can't let you take the blame for something I did. You've got too much to lose" JJ tells Pope.

"JJ what are you doing?" Pope asks "I'm telling the truth. For once in my god damn life I'm telling the truth" JJ admits.

"I took his old mans boat too" he adds "What the hell"

"JJ come on" Pope says "Just shut up Pope! Just shut up!" JJ orders.

JJ turns to Shoupe. "He's a good kid. You know where I'm from" Shoupe nods JJ sighs. "This was all me" he says.

"That's the whole truth?" Shoupe asks Pope "Whole truth swear to god" JJ says "I know what you think damnit, I'm asking Pope here" Shoupe says.

"Yeah that about covers it"

Shoupe takes the hand cuffs off of Pope and puts them on JJ.

"JJ" I say "I never want to talk to you again" he says harshly he is then shoved in the cop car and Shoupe drives off.

"Fuck!" I yell then I puch the wood of the dock.

****