"Well, you can go there," he sighs, running a hand through his hair again.

"I'm not going alone. If somebody got into my room in the Alpha house, my own house doesn't stand a chance," she groans, shaking her head rapidly.

"I'll come with you, but I have some calls to make before we see Louisa," he warns, and she bites her lip.

"I don't care, I don't want to be alone, and you'll do," she comments, her back facing him as she quickly packs some clothes into her small suitcase.

"I'll do?" He snorts, Booker's ego slightly hurt by that comment.

Sonya rolls her eyes.

Why are all of these men so sensitive, she grunts, and Avery nods in agreement.

They've never been told anything like it is before, Avery responds calmly, putting a neatly folded blazer into her bag, along with a pair of skinny black jeans.

"I didn't mean it to be rude, I just mean that you're perfect company," she shrugs, proud of herself for what she thinks is a pretty good recovery.

"Sure," he drawls, rolling his eyes with a smirk as he walks up behind her.

He pulls her a little back by her hips, and she looks over her shoulder at him and glares.

"My room was burgled, I'm not having sex with you right now," she snaps, slightly irritated by his insensitivity.

He pauses and then nods, stepping back a foot or two with his hands in the air.

"Understandable, where is this house?" He asks, and she closes her eyes for a minute.

"It's near the forest. It's gorgeous, and it's mostly glass. I found a witch to enchant it so that you can't see in, you can only see out," she murmurs, a small smile climbing it's way onto her face as she thinks of her nook of serenity.

"Why do you have so much stuff here then, if you have a house?" He questions curiously, and she cracks her neck.

"Because I like being around my parents, and I don't like going home to an empty house," she mutters, and he nods in understanding.

"I think that's why I stay in my packhouse. I may not get along great with my mum, but she's something to go home to. She's a constant, and she makes it all seem less lonely," he murmurs thoughtfully, staring at her picture wall intensely.

Avery stays quiet and continues packing, throwing in some red lipsticks, brow gel, and a hairbrush on top of her clothes.

She's totally packed apart from her laptop, and she cringes as she remembers the state they left her office in.

"We need to make a pitstop before we go," she sighs, and he raises a brow.

"Let Louisa know she can either be in your office in five minutes, or she can make the journey to your house for her punishment," he shrugs, cracking his fingers and picking her bag up.

Avery mindlinks her sister grudgingly, scowling the entire time.

She hates being the messenger, especially to her sister, who no doubt will use some very colourful language at being contacted by her older sibling.

Louisa, you need to be in my office in five minutes, or you have to get to my house in an hour, Avery parrots, and she can hear the vibrations of anger from the mindlink.

Tell him to go die somewhere, Louisa shoots back angrily, and Avery gives her time to reconsider her response.

Sure enough, Lousia quickly recants what she said.