6 ; in the woods somewhere

Y/N 'S POV ;

Y/N 'S POV ;

me and max ran into the woods, screaming and flipping off everything and everyone. we looked like 8 year olds.

i was mostly yelling so he would feel better and take his mind off his parents.

finally we made it to the woods and stopped screaming, "uhh. what now?" i asked.

he looks up at me with a slight smirk, "follow me." he orders.

after awhile of walking, there's this giant tree in front of us.

"me, neil, and nikki used to lay, sit, and play around all the time on this tree when we were like 13."

he starts climbing the tree and i follow behind him.

we find strong branches to sit on, they we right by each other.

i start rambling on and on about (hobby / hypervixation) i bet he's not really listening, i just like rambling sometimes.

i look over at max while im talking and his expression makes me stop. he has a slight smile, as if he's trying not to laugh.

"is it stupid?" i chuckle, bittersweetly.

he slightly laughs, "no no, it's just-" his face goes a little a red but i think he tried to pretend as if he wasn't. "..it's just nice hearing how invested you are in this thing. i've never really been 'obsessed' or loved something so much like you do with (hobby / hypervixation)" he slightly smiled but went back to his boring expression.

i smile slightly, but then an idea pops in my head and i KNOW i have to tease him.

"ooooo are you trying to say im being cuteeee~" i teased him, while trying not to laugh.

his expression goes puzzled and then his face turns red, "what t-the fuck?! n-no! not like that! i-i was just saying i-" he stuttered. i don't think it's normal for the max to be stuttering.

i immediately stop and make a 'psshh' sound and laugh, "im just joking dumbie! chill out!" i said while laughing.

he quickly pretends to laugh, "haha, yeAh.." he fake smiles.

then we hear a branch crack, and some whispers after it.

"dammit nikki! i said stop moving!"

"shut it neil! it just got good!"

me and max look around and climb down from the tree to find nikki and neil spying on us from bushes.

"oh uhh... hey you guys." neil says, awkwardly. neil and nikki come out of the bushes to show theirselves completely.

"okay, what the fuck is going on here?" max asked, in a monotone, yet angry, voice.

"uh.. well.. we came here forrrrrr...." nikki looks around and then looks directly at me, "y/n! david and gwen needed to give her something! you know, since she's... new and stuff..." nikki smiled.

"oh? i thought i got all my stuff. huh, whatever. i'll go fetch it." i shrugged and tried to walk off, but a hand grabbed my forearm and tugged on it.

"ugh, no, y/n, she's obviously lying. right, neil?" max said.

nikki and neil looked at each other and then looked at max, "y-yes! david and gwen sent us to look for you two cause we finished our project. they couldn't find you guys anyone on camp grounds, s-so they made us look for you guys.." neil explained.

max 'hmm'ed as he let go of me, looked at the two, and then looked back at me.

"ugh, fine, whatever. go get your shit y/n." max said.

i nodded and walked off.

neil and nikki stayed with max.. or uh... kinda forced him to stay with them by the tree.

kinda feels weird though, both of their stories didn't exactly line up. eh, whatever. it isnt killing anyone to go check.

time skip cause no one rly cares lets be honest

i make my way back to the tree. i had asked gwen and david if they needed me, they said no. so something is going on i suppose...

as i walk up to the tree, i think im still hidden cause i hear my name come out of their mouths. i hide behind a bush to listen, i mean, what's the worst they're gonna say..

"max, are you sure you don't have the slightest feelings for y/n? i mean, you acted so different around her when you didnt see us.." neil explained.

nikki nodded, "yeah, not to mention that stunt from the other night where you played a 'prank' on us about liking her.."

max rolled his eyes and groaned. "ok first, fucking creepy! don't stalk us! second, it was a joke! since you guys are fucking obsessed with me and y/n's friendship, me and her thought it would be funny! plus, i only felt a little sick that night!" max explained, clearly pissed... and a little defensive.

neil and nikki share a look that basically says 'yeah-im-not-buying-this-shit'

max groaned, "fine! you fuckers wanna know the truth!? y/n's a bitch! she's so clingy and for her to think me and her are even friends makes her 10x crazier! i hate this bitch, alright!" max yelled.

i slowly appear out of the bushes, no one notices me until i speak up.

"uh.. turns out, gwen and david didn't need me... seems like none of you do." i chuckle slightly, hoping it can make me feel a little better.

neil and nikki turn to look at me, i hear max say "fuck." under his breath and slowly turn around.

max and i lock eyes. no words come out of his mouth except, "i.. y/n." he looks at me with regretful eyes.

i feel tears building up, "i-i think im gonna g-go finish my project..see you guys around." i wave and walk off.

i hear mumbles and whispers.

maybe i should have begged mom and dad more to let me stay home.

fuck camp campbell

fuck these stupid tents

fuck the councilor's

fuck max.