The vampire problem in forks and the solution?

Start from the beginning

For a second time that morning the bedroom door was opened this time though it was properly. For in through the door walked Charlie who was dressed ready for work. His eyes widened at the sight of Jacob unaware the teenager had been in the house. Jacob was ready to get chewed out by the man but was surprised when he was met with a smile. Maybe it was the way that Matthew was laid mainly on Jacob's chest which made the Swan patriarch not want to tear the teenager a new one. But Jacob hoped it was because Charlie could trust him. 

"Morning, Ronnie and Jake. Didn't realise you were over." Charlie spoke his tone wasn't overly threatening but Jake knew not to push it.

"Yeah sorry Chief, I must have fallen asleep without realising, only woke up when little man decided he wanted a cuddle." Jacob's voice was not very loud scared he would still get the angry side of the chief of police. 

"No worries, just let your dad know you're here he's probably worried." Charlie replied and Jake found himself letting out a massive breath in knowing he wasn't going to be murdered before 9am. 

"Of course, I'll give him a call shortly." Jake nodded in agreement to the man 

"Okay brilliant, have you three got any plans for the day?" Charlie added treating this as though it was a normal conversation they would have had in the kitchen. Veronica had to stifle a laugh due to the fact that her normally awkward father was pretty much the opposite now as he stood confidently in her bedroom.

"Sam Uley invited us around for lunch but other than that no." Veronica mentioned trying to recall something Jacob had said to her the night prior.

"Okay, family dinner here tonight? That includes you Jake." Charlie suggested

"Sure dad sounds great." Veronica agreed before she bid her father goodbye for he had to head to work, leaving the little family on the bed. 

It must have been about another hour later that the group of three started to move again. Matthew having to be woken from his sleep and enticed to actually get up. The young boy wanting nothing to do with getting up. His whines of wanting to go back to sleep where brushed aside as Veronica played with his hair informing him of how he was going to go over to Emily's. He had continued to grumble but eventually agreed to get up. 

They had let him play in the front garden of Emily's house upon arrival, as he could be seen from the kitchen window. But that didn't matter as they group gathered outside the front in a little group to have a small meeting before they got around to lunch. After all Jacob had to explain this whole truce with the local vampires properly to everyone before they could move onto the actual enjoyment of their meeting. As a rather large family of sorts. 

"Jacob why did you call us all here today?" Leah's voice rung out, considering she wasn't a massive fan of being around some of the other shifters, namely her ex and her cousin, she wasn't really wanting to be there. But as it was classed as a pack meeting she had to attend, even if she'd rather be spending her morning off doing pack work in bed with a tub of ben and Jerrys. 

"I was informed last night that the Cullens have brought war to forks. A supposed army of newborns is due here in the next 72 hours. Normally I would be all for them to tackle them on their own, the only problem was that one of these supposed soldiers was in the Swan house last night before I got there." Jacob explained and he could feel Veronica reach out to take his hand, the sudden intrusion on her house finally making sense. She could have cursed her sister and Cullens out for this sudden threat upon her family. But it made sense why Jacob had been so tense last night, but she felt fear for her young son. Casting her eyes to him she was happy to see him play with the toy truck making it drive up and down a small path of grass. 

"What do we intend to do? This army has threatened an Imprint we can't sit aside and let it happen." Pull mentioned this time his voice rough as you could already hear the anger amount. 

"We will have to fight with the Cullens. All imprints and their important loved ones will gather in one house during it and we will not leave them unguarded. Our importance will be to ensure they stay safe along with the rest of the population in both La Push and Forks. As protectors it is our duty." Sam instructed his role as the leader of the pack coming into full display, this was the first time they would ever have to do something on this level, sure they had dealt with that one vampire a couple months back and the one that frequently visited. But they had yet to deal with anything such as an army. 

"I just have one request in the next few days, if one of you guys doesn't mind keeping an eye or accompanying Vero and Matty when I'm on patrol. I just don't want them to be left alone considering that leech lover is his birth mother." Jake added his grip on Veronica was tight as he recalled the fear he felt the night prior not knowing whether his family was safe or not. The terror he never wanted to relive.

"Always, we'd do anything for family you know that." Embry replied as he gave the pair a smile. 

"Thank you." Veronica finally spoke looking at her childhood friend. Her small family might have been in danger but her bigger family was going to do everything in their power to protect them. She didn't care what happened to her as long as her son was safe that was all that matters.