Chapter 4 : A spell

Few months ago

Josie is lying on the grass, eyes closed, arms and legs spread like a starfish. She doesn't even notice the fellow in the same position as her, next to her. Suddenly she opened her eyes and cried.

Josie: No of an artichoke! I'm dead is this heaven? Why isn't there Hope? And besides, why is it all green? I prefer when it's all blue, isn't it really heaven?

Nitrogen: The farm. I sleep.

The Parker sighed, no she wasn't in Heaven, and she definitely isn't dead.

Josie: I don't like your voice.

Nitrogen: You killed my boyfriend. So revenge I won't stop talking.

Josie: Your voice will become less unpleasant if I tell you that it was an accident and that it was not at all premeditated?

Nitrogen: You'll never know, since it's exactly the opposite that you and your crazy uncle did.

Josie: It's not fair, why are you congratulating my uncle? I am the mastermind of the mega awesome plan I made.

Nitrogen: Because I am sexist.

Josie: Is that it?

Nitrogen: Homophobic, lax, and selfish.

Josie: I know you're lying.

Nitrogen: Oh yeah? And how ?

Josie: You're gay.

Nitrogen: ...

Josie: I managed to shut you up.

Nitrogen: Not true.

Josie: By the way do you know where we are?

Nitrogen still hadn't opened his eyes, he was trying to go back to sleep.

Nitrogen: Probably in hell. Good night.

Josie: It's not night. There is a great sun. I think it's afternoon.

Nitrogen: I don't care. You're pissing me off.

Josie: I know, that's why I keep talking. I want to sing.

Nitrogen: Please ...

Josie: Hey! I sing well.

Nitrogen: Shut up! But it's not true you're a real pipelette!

Josie: Hope thinks I sing well.

Azote: Can you explain to me how she goes out with you? You are such a kid ...

Josie: I think the moment she knew I was going to be the woman of her life ...

Azote cut Josie off.

Nitrogen: You have a little confidence there ... You are not a woman, you are a teenager.

Josie: Fall! So, I was saying ... Oh yes! It's when we were watching Stars Wars, and I did the Dark Vador line: I am your father (very failed Dark Vador impersonation). She thought I was too cute, and that's where he I knew I had won her heart.

Nitrogen: At least you did well, you're both weird.

Josie: Do you think so?

Nitrogen: Even a blind man would see it.

Josie: You stupid you, a blind man can't.

Nitrogen has decided not to answer, a long silence is heard.

Josie:On dessine des aquarelles sur nos cœurs
(We draw watercolors on our hearts)
À l'encre de cils pour en conserver les couleurs
(In eyelash ink to preserve the colors)On dessine les battements qu'on a sur le cœur
(We draw the beats we have on our hearts)
Quand on tambourine dans le souffle intime de nos heures
(When we drummer in the intimate breath of our hours)
Tout passe, ( sifflement ) tout passe  (sifflement ), tout passe (sifflement)
(Everything goes, (whistle)) (everything goes (whistle),) (everything goes (whistle))

The voice of a woman behind them is heard.

??? : The farm ! I need my beauty rest!

Nitrogen: You saw it wasn't even me who told you, but I thought about it very hard.

??? : You too ostrich head!

Josie: Poum! In your face !

Nitrogen and Josie decide to get up, and turn to the woman.

They were in a forest, behind them was a wooden hut.

??? : You're not from here aren't you?

Nitrogen: Indeed. Who are you ?

??? : I am...

Josie: Are you?

??? : Your worst nightmare ! Mwa ahaha!

A long awkward silence was heard.

??? : Seriously? Always not ?

The two shake their heads.

??? : I am Mallea.

Nitrogen: Don't know.

Mallea: There was a time, when we didn't even dare to pronounce my first name. I was feared all over the country.

Josie: But like the ad says: that was before.

The raven-haired witch, in her thirties, glares Parker.

Nitrogen: Ignore it. Tell us what happened.

Mallea: Before I was queen of Despacito-land, I was respect nobody disrespect me without consequence. But one day, a creature appeared, its master took over the kingdom from me, condemning me to live in a rotting cabin in the middle of the forest.

Josie: Not cool.

Nitrogen: Madam you will not have to eat I'm hungry.

Mallea: Did you take me for you hot dog !? Already from one you have woken me up! Two, I'm xenophobic! And three, I don't like you.

Josie: It's reciprocated for number three ... Of the month not for me.

Nitrogen: Not even a piece of bread? I am not difficult.

Mallea: You know what? Like I'm ... mean? No, not mean ... Not super nice, let's put it that way. I throw a little curse on you and go back to my beauty sleep.

The older woman makes strange noises then pulls a piece of paper from one of her pockets and gives it to Azote who looks at her in confusion.

Mallea: I'm too lazy to explain so here's a letter, which ... Will explain everything to you because I'm lazy. Bye!

The woman rushes into the house, leaving the two strangers alone with her letter.